Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today will be 102F and tomorrow will be 103F. We will work on crafts inside.

A pop up shower gave me maybe 1/8” of rain yesterday evening. Another tiny bit, but I’m happy to have it. Now the humidity is up and morning chores leave me soaking wet with sweat.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It stormed last night. I got a little over a half inch of rain.

IMG_4992.jpeg

Sunrise this morning.

IMG_4991.jpeg

The girls made a present for their mom from a fan blade.

IMG_4990.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful sunrise!!!!! And I love the fan blade. Very crafty!
I remember one mother’s day when my son, Cody, welded horseshoes together and was so excited to give to me. Unfortunately I opened it upside-down and told him “thanks…WOW?”

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went down to shed and found wooden Delta mini crib for Eric, Jeremy's employee. Jeremy is a pastor as well as running his landscaping business and helped Eric and wife turn life around during bad patch. He found them a trailer to live in and they are expecting a baby in November. Mini crib is very pretty and perfect for living in small space like trailer. Had a bad moment when came home and couldn't remember if had given crip to someone else but found it in loft wrapped in plastic. New mattress and bedding also stored in plastic. Just have to get it back to TX before baby comes. Need to find out due date. I have a Snap On stroller frame that a car seat will snap into - it is adjustable for different makes of car seats. Got some other baby stuff that might be useful to them that DDIL2 doesn't want so will figure out what is in loft.

While I was looking for the crib, I looked at cabinets in shed and have decided to remove 2 of them. One is 8' tall and 30" wide. It will need shelves cut and installed. The other is 4' wide x 5' tall ad has shelves already. Both are about 15"-18" deep. Once the shelves are in the tall cabinet, the wide cabinet, and the 3 wall cabinets we already took to TX should give me enough closed cabinet storage for all the small items. :fl Too many things to spend my limited funds on - I don't need to be buying cabinets. Besides once I move the tools to TX, the cabinets will be empty. ;) Very pleased with myself for figuring out how to save more money. My labor is free, buying used cabinets is not.

Brought up the mini clamps to repair the display cabinet. Took a good frequent trips with loads of stuff.look at it without all the baby stuff around it and it is a lovely piece. Oak with some burled wood trim. Glass shelves with plate grooves. 4 doors. Bought it in Palm Springs on one of our trips. I will miss it, but it will have a good home here. Let my children enjoy some of my lovely things. If we have to return due to health problems, I won't be living in a large house anyway so might as well start downsizing. Taking most of my favorites with me and the large built-in display cabinet in Yantis will hold everything anyway.

I wish the Yantis house was closer so we could make frequent short trips with loads of stuff or to paint. Oh well, easy isn't God's way. If it is worth having it is worth working for it. And I am glad that God made us work for everything we have since along the way we learned a LOT about building, ranching, fencing, etc. - all the stuff we will need now on our new adventure.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gotta go through Huntsville to get to Conroe, so yesterday I took the girls to the Sam Houston Memorial Park. There is a museum too, but we didn’t go in that. There are old log buildings, some with dog runs on the middle. At times, they have living demonstrations with a full blacksmith shop, spinning, soap making and things that were essential to early Texas. The old log homes are scattered about in a park setting. There is a creek running through and a duck pond. Feral chickens and cats make it their home. There is even a garden, growing what would have been a homestead food source.

The best of all is Sam Houston’s house that he was living in when he died. The Steamboat House. It is one room wide, 2 story, with each room opening onto the railed porch.

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_4993.jpeg

The girls loved all the old log homes, climbing narrow stairs to reach the second dog run landing. Rooms were not open, but had plexiglass over the doorways so people can look in. It was fun, and I taught them a bit of Texas history. Sam Houston won the Battle of San Jancinto against Santa Anna, winning Texas freedom from Mexico. He was Texas’s first President.