Baymule’s Journal

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grab arrow on left and turn the arrow on the right to loosen or tighten on a grease nipple. See how it's knurled textured, that's for grip to turn.
IMG_6702.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, so I get one of those extension things and turn it to lock on and turn it to unlock. I guess the short coupler that came with the grease gun also does that, but was too short for me to turn it. I’m putting one of those on my list. Thanks!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weldman is our new Greybeard! Greybeard used to know everything and post about different tools and how-tos. Miss him. But thank heavens for Weldman!

By the way, I have a box of kerosene lamps that my aunt used to use at her place. The power used to go out there often and stay off for days. She kept old milk jugs of water stored in the hall to use to flush her toilet during electric outages. Why couldn't she flush her toilet just because the electric was out? She was on a well - no power, no pump, no water.

I will have to give you a couple. Can you still get fuel for those lamps?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weldman is our new Greybeard! Greybeard used to know everything and post about different tools and how-tos. Miss him. But thank heavens for Weldman!

By the way, I have a box of kerosene lamps that my aunt used to use at her place. The power used to go out there often and stay off for days. She kept old milk jugs of water stored in the hall to use to flush her toilet during electric outages. Why couldn't she flush her toilet just because the electric was out? She was on a well - no power, no pump, no water.

I will have to give you a couple. Can you still get fuel for those lamps?
Yes you can, expensive though.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most of the lamps can use kero, lamp oil, or such. The wick is different for efficiency of burn. Truly, canola, soy or olive will burn...there's smoke to consider. 🤣. But, if need arises.....

Those solar yard lights are good, not normally bought for power outs but, work😁 charge during day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. The San Jancinto River is rising. Yesterday evening it was in the park across from my sister’s house. She got help and loaded up all the boxes of things she has spent weeks cleaning up and packing in boxes downstairs. She spent the first night in her new house last night on a mattress on the floor. Today, if the river hasn’t covered the road going into her neighborhood, she is moving out. I’ll be waiting on her phone call this morning and I’ll hitch up my stock trailer and go load up everything I can get in it. If the river has covered the road, at least the downstairs is empty now and all her hard work is saved.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn’t need to take my trailer yesterday. Her son and grandson had a U-Haul truck. Her daughter in law was the head honcho on the whole thing and worked hard. Her friend and contractor had his truck and trailer plus an employee to help too. I took my car and put all her pot plants in it, then made a trip for all her hang up clothes. I carried stuff out to the I-Haul. It was a beehive of activity. Still small stuff to be moved, like stuff in closets, but for all practical purposes, she is moved. Most of it is in the garage. She wants new carpet in bedroom and house painted.

The river was still out of banks and into the park, but had gone down some.

It will take weeks if not a month or two, to sort things out, see what fits and what to get rid of.