Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did chores this morning and got on my tractor. I mowed goat weed and Carolina horse nettle. I was enjoying myself! It got cloudy, welcome relief. Started raining! More welcome relief. It drizzled for awhile, it was so nice and cool. It finally rained harder and I came in. Got mowed what I wanted to. I went to soaked with sweat to soaked with rain.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mowing again today. Mowed goat weed and Carolina horse nettle in front field. Also some very tall bunch grass that the sheep won’t eat, Apple plant ID calls it Panicgrass. It was so thick that the mower would stall out the tractor. I had to work at it, stopping and backing up to clear all the chopped up grass under the bush hog. Between that and crawdad mounds, I’m kinda beat up.

Got to feed bottle lambs, then back to work! It’s only 91F with high of 96 today and 62% humidity.

IMG_6788.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I finished the small front -side field.
What a thick mess of weeds. Of course, those weeds are not on the sheep menu. There is good grass in that field, but the weeds covered it up. I shut the gate, give the field a little time to grow.

My step counter really goes nuts when I’m on the tractor. It says I’ve gone 11.5 miles.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wondered how many calories you could burn according to the step counter if you just drive the tractor around?!

New Diet Plan -
1. Eat Blue Bell
2. Drive tractor for 3 hours
3. Eat more Blue Bell
4. Drive tractor for another 3 hours
5. Eat more Blue Bell
5. Step counter says you walked 23 miles!

Calories burned per mile are 65 according to Google. Estimating your 11.5 miles was for 3 hours on tractor, if you drive your tractor 6 hours you are burning 1,495 calories. How much Blue Bell is that? Of course, you have to add the steps burned while walking from the tractor to the freezer, calories burned getting bowl, spoon, and dishing up ice cream, then walking to chair and sitting down.
:lol:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wondered how many calories you could burn according to the step counter if you just drive the tractor around?!

New Diet Plan -
1. Eat Blue Bell
2. Drive tractor for 3 hours
3. Eat more Blue Bell
4. Drive tractor for another 3 hours
5. Eat more Blue Bell
5. Step counter says you walked 23 miles!

Calories burned per mile are 65 according to Google. Estimating your 11.5 miles was for 3 hours on tractor, if you drive your tractor 6 hours you are burning 1,495 calories. How much Blue Bell is that? Of course, you have to add the steps burned while walking from the tractor to the freezer, calories burned getting bowl, spoon, and dishing up ice cream, then walking to chair and sitting down.
:lol:
If only the math worked that way in real life.. I would look better than I did in high school.... :gig:th