Baymule’s Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
but at this stage of my life, I don't see where I need it... and they don't need that much more info either
Same here. All the years I've put in without it has worked ok 😉 I was a govt worker years ago, top secret clearance and whole 9 yards, so I'm already in some data bases should I go nuts. 😳🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a long list of things to do. It’s going to keep me busy for awhile. Yesterday I ran the ewes from the front field in the chute and sorted out 5 more for Cooper. He immediately bred Nora. He’s limping this morning, probably twisted his leg or shoulder. He breeds a ewe 20-30 times. It’s not surprising that he would hurt himself. He makes WHOOPEE until his tongue is hanging out, gasping for breath.

I mowed in front yard, several strips, raked up grass and gave it to sheep. Then I put pallet forks on the bucket, that’s always a waste of energy. They won’t tighten down, no matter what I do. I had 14 plastic syrup lick tubs I tried to have a garden in, a dismal failure. I did, however, grow some bodacious weeds, both in and between the tubs. What an eyesore. I thought maybe I could slide the forks under the tubs to lift them up. Nope. They slid apart like a V. So I eased up to the tubs, laid forks on the ground, got off tractor and wrassled a tub up in the forks and pushed it up against the back of the forks. Got back on the tractor, went to a spot to dump the dirt out, lowered the forks, got off tractor, pushed tub off forks, dumped dirt, put empty tub back on forks and took it to the faucet to be washed out. Rinse, repeat. Thought I got them all, but sitting in my recliner yesterday evening, I saw another one nestled up against the fence, so, one more. The dumped out dirt Les like large compost cupcakes. Dont eat ‘em.

IMG_7011.jpeg

Giant ragweed. At least I grew something.

IMG_7015.jpeg

I mowed Carolina horse nettle in the front field, there are patches of it. I hate that stuff. Mowed some goat weed too.

I came in at 12:30, soaking wet and cooled off, ate lunch and started painting. When I bought this place I spent weeks covering the entire floor with plastic, taped off door knobs, took electric face plates off, taped the outlets, taped off windows and covered with plastic, took down all that crappy mobile home trim, covered and taped off bathroom fixtures, stove, refrigerator, kitchen cabinets, took down window blinds, basically covered everything I didn’t want paint on. Sprayed walls and ceilings with Kilz, sprayed ceiling with white paint. Then taped, floated, textured sheet rock, painted. By that time I was getting anxious to get moved in. I didn’t cut in the top and bottom part of the walls in the living- dining- kitchen area, figuring I’d put up some pretty trim and that would cover it up. It’s been 2 years…… I have not put up fancy trim or any trim for that matter. Not going to any time soon. My money is still being spent on outside work. I have my priorities straight!

But I finally want to hang up some pictures. I have way too many, been bringing some over from son’s house, opening boxes, picking out what I want. Even I have to admit the walls look pretty tacky with that unpainted strip top and bottom. So yesterday afternoon I got furniture moved and paper taped to the floor and got 2 walls done in the living room. I had to mud a corner where the tape showed. It’s dry now, I’ll paint again this afternoon.

Back outside this morning for more yard work. It’s all grown up and looks terrible.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I raked up yesterday’s “hay” and gave lots of wagon loads to Rocky and Little Ringo. Moved that last tub failed garden of weeds. Mowed more strips of grass. More home made hay.

Came in, finished the touch up spots on the 2 living room walls. I hung 2 pictures, it looks pretty good. Got some smaller stuff to put up, 2 old iron stirrups, some bits, that kind of stuff.

IMG_7020.jpeg

I sent it to my daughter. She sent back, It looks better than mine , and a picture of a wrecked out utility room, knocked out wall and destruction debris.

I sent back not really. But it does give me something nice to look at. And a picture of the dining area with boxes piled up, table unrecognizable, and crap everywhere. I’ll just look at my pretty wall. 😃😃😃😃

IMG_7021.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
True sign in the kitchen, “It doesn’t get any better than this” :lol:

My sister gave me that when we retired and moved to our little farm in Lindale. I hung it over the TV. We looked at it all the time and would say it out loud and laugh. We loved our life on the farm and it really didn’t get any better than this. I’ve been here 2 years and finally thinking about hanging it up here.