Baymule’s Journal

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
The last time I lived in San Antonio was in 1966. Sixth grade was in Cibolo Texas. I need to go back and revisit where we lived there, three times.

Thank you for the pictures! Terrific!

I've seen Steve Miller Band in concert. Great show! I've never seen Journey. And Def Leopard would not be for me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could only work outside till 10:30 AM yesterday, it was too hot. Only fed dogs and watered sheep yesterday evening and had to come in and cool off. Then finished chores. I’m getting real tired of this heat and being wet to my knees with sweat.

This morning I worked on the lumber pile, bones that remain of the shed the hurricane blew apart. Really only the back wall and roof, the other 2 sections are still standing. I don’t count success by number of boards. No. I count success by number of those darned 4’ ringshank nails I pull out! I pulled 23 of them! Hammer, wrecking bar, and me!

IMG_7065.jpeg

Then I started deconstruction on the pallet and scrap plywood floor I put in the used to be shed. I’ve been parking round bales in there and had a mess to clean up, that was yesterday. I uncovered 4 pallets and have a pile of scrap to burn when it rains again.

IMG_7064.jpeg

I took Carson to Lowe’s to get door trim and white paint. He had a wonderful time greeting people whether they wanted to pet a big dog or not. People love Carson!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya know.....if some of us single "prime" ladies could all live in a group, we'd sure get a lot done!!! Just by sharing the "fun" 🤣 pool resources, chores & time.

You did good! ,🎉👏👍
Sometimes it's just simply having a second person there - even if they're not doing much - that can drastically impact my efficiency.
Maybe I don't get distracted as much????

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Someone called it Body Doubling. For me it's not really as much not getting distracted as it is just staying motivated. I can waste A LOT of time with my hands on my hips considering every possible way something could be done, each possible outcome and the pros & cons of each. But if someone is here, I just dive in & get it done.

OMG!!!!! 😳
That's it!!!! I need to get a mannequin to stand around & watch me work!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you might want to look into this....in case you get sides & roof, need to tarp sides on barn.

I ordered a billboard tarp. Never before, so will let you know status/thoughts when it arrives 😁. I have a couple large carports in some pastures. Strong & I'd get another except they're quadruple price I pd many years ago....but in past I've tarped sides in winter, on occasion. Even best ones were trash worthy come spring. They offer various sizes and that changes by what comes down from billboard.

These are used but, heavy, waterproof, UV protective, etc. they had a 6X78. Odd size for many but perfect for me as it will go from ground to under lower edge great -- plus wrap pretty much all 4 sides! $128. Uh, advertisement I'll put facing inside 🤣