Baymule’s Journal

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you might want to look into this....in case you get sides & roof, need to tarp sides on barn.

I ordered a billboard tarp. Never before, so will let you know status/thoughts when it arrives 😁. I have a couple large carports in some pastures. Strong & I'd get another except they're quadruple price I pd many years ago....but in past I've tarped sides in winter, on occasion. Even best ones were trash worthy come spring. They offer various sizes and that changes by what comes down from billboard.

These are used but, heavy, waterproof, UV protective, etc. they had a 6X78. Odd size for many but perfect for me as it will go from ground to under lower edge great -- plus wrap pretty much all 4 sides! $128. Uh, advertisement I'll put facing inside 🤣
I can already tell you from experience high winds will disintegrate it if not pulled tight enough. Very stiff and usually not exactly the size they claim to be. I put one down in the Waddle Wattle Inn that the birds live in and then put hay down, still there year and half later. Montana winds eat them as dessert.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something to consider though depending on location you are in. Years ago, before we closed it in, the rain would blow into the barn and saturate the rabbit cages. We had about 7 yers of wet and floodig weather. I got onto the milk shed roof (the barn roof overhangs it) and hung canvas tarps from the barn roof to close off the open area. I laced them down, then in the spring I would roll and tie them up with hay strings tolet in the breeze and light. They worked great. One winter I made a "barn" for the Boer does to kid in using 5' corral panels. We put corral covers over them and I hung tarps around the sides for walls. That "barn" set up was in a protected spot but it worked great. The tarps you get now are not as sturdy as those old ones. I wonder where you could get billboard tarps. The 6' x 78' size would be fine to wrap corral panels for a wind break with corral cover panels on top.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is billboard tarp. $128 included shipping. Many sizes available.....Billboard Vinyls.

Less expensive than the heavier tarps I've bought.
I'm not generally in a bad storm area. All supports & roof are heavy, solid, excellent condition, 3x3 square metal tubing. Can't side it for this price. We'll see how it goes. I have barns but you always seem to need more room😁. If I did nothing but put equipment in there, still good.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I dug dirt and Carson’s dog hair out of the cracks between the front porch boards. As I dug out the hairy clods, I shop vacuumed them up.

This morning I swept the porch good and brushed it with a coat of stain. Waited 2 hours, brushed on a second coat. What a difference! Got to keep Carson off, so porch is off limits

Before

IMG_7078.jpeg

After

IMG_7082.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The stain bucket read 72 hours. 3 days?? I dont see that happening.

Hog hunting with dogs going on around here at dawn tomorrow. I’ll block driveway with a cow panel so Carson doesn’t think he’s hog proof and runs off to hunt with the neighborhood Big Bad Dogs!

I’m thinking maybe I’ll start on building a new door for the portable building. The old one fell off in an icy cold rain storm in January. I hung a tarp over the opening and have hated it multiple times a day since.