Baymule’s Journal

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
:clapI really wanted salmon patties today for lunch. No eggs. No crackers. Blast!
Maybe a substitute? I crushed some Cheerios. Egg…… mayonnaise? Durn, it’s a new jar, didn’t want to open it. Oh! Ranch dressing! Yeah! That’ll work! So I made salmon Pattie’s, rolled in cornmeal for a good crust, fried crisp. Made some pasta shells from a box.

Lunch was AWFUL. Cheerios don’t replace crushed saltine crackers. They just don’t, Ranch dressing is a piss-pore substitute for an egg. I ate 2 patties and some of that boxed crap. I was hungry.

Sheba and Carson had a delicious supper!
Well regarding your lunch - :drool:ep:tongue and:yesss: for the dogs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sentry is coming home Wednesday! He is eating a little. He’s throwing up, but at least he is eating. They are keeping the IV fluids, antibiotics and steroids. He is urinating. Much improved.

Vet said she is going on maybe he got into something that made him so sick. He was on her mind all weekend and she wanted to throw out there the possibility of juvenile leukemia. Supposedly it’s not as bad as adult leukemia. If in fact, that’s what it is, he could have another episode next month, in 6 months, a year or never again. Just don’t know. If that’s what it really is and he stays sick all the time, then I would make that hard decision. She said keep that in the back of my mind, and we’ll see. Right now, he’s improving, I get to bring him home, and I’m going with that.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This guy has been thru so much and still gives his all with love, he wants to be home -- for a long to time! 🥰 Yes, he's loved!! Yes, he knows it!! Special with a capital "S" (and a bit of Energizer bunny). We're gonna keep up the prayers and hope that a one time quirk happened and it's over.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is really good news that he is going to be coming home Wed. I really think he got into something that made him sick... and hopefully, he will remember and NOT get into it again.
My german sheperd had leukemia when she hit about 12 and there was little we could do for her... I am hoping for everyone's sake that is not his problem. He has been through alot and you have gone above and beyond for him... and he has rewarded and thanked you with his devotion. Let's pray this was a fluke thing....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank y’all so much for such support and encouragement. He’s my boy. I hope this is a one time thing, so he doesn’t have to go through this again. He was meant to be my dog from the first time I saw his picture. He’s had his problems and overcome them. It gives my joy to watch him run across the field. This dog, with no right side hip joint, running towards danger, keeping his flock safe. He’s got so much heart, so much love. He is devoted to me. We share a Special bond, I want what is best for him.