Baymule’s Journal

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule my great grandmother used to hook rugs too! She taught my mother, and I have lots of memories of my mother hooking rugs on a big loom in our living room. And she would dye the wool on the stove and cut it into strips with this little cutter tool.

I can remember the one my mother worked on, but I don’t recall that she ever finished it. My great grandmother finished many rugs, and my sister, brother and I each have some. I bet the other great grandkids have some too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I met a logging truck coming in this morning as I was going out. He pulled over, but on my side was a creek, steep drop off. I sat there. He backed up, I went to the left, jumped the shallow ditch, to a small patch of grass, and the logging truck went on by.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yikes! Sounds like something that might happen frequently! I wonder how long the logging job is going to last.
No idea. The trees are coming down! Then as the yaupon and brush sprouts out, it will be an all you can eat buffet for the deer.
I don’t know how long it is before they replant.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
No idea. The trees are coming down! Then as the yaupon and brush sprouts out, it will be an all you can eat buffet for the deer.
I don’t know how long it is before they replant.
No idea on the replant - but they are replanting the avocado grove on my east side and almost done. They took the old grove out in early July. Maybe you’ll see a similar timeframe if they replant.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was about 6 years old, my Great Grandmother showed me how she made hook rugs.
Grandma Wall was a hooker!!!!! ;)

Eons ago my Dad called his cousin. Apparently got the number wrong. Whoever answered was upset when he asked if it was the Hooker's residence. Yes, his cousin's last name was Hooker.