Baymule’s Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I understand your total reason & challenges for lambs right now. I'm just speaking in general terms and I know you know about "time". I've got some that should have sold, now they're here for the winter. My truck that's STILL trying to just die, so many parts, hoping/praying it gets back together right and runs again.....well, some goats didn't have a ride! 🤣 I can deal with the goats, not a new engine or another truck! Winter feed is less $$$. My freezer is full, so can't butcher.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some day I’ll have this place fenced and I’ll be able to utilize the grass. And I’ll be improving the soil and grass too. This is going to be a work in progress for a long time.
Your winter hold overs should bring a good price in January through March before spring lambs hit the market. Hope you can get your ruck fixed soon. Mine is a 2004 diesel, I feel your pain. A $500 repair bill hurts, but cheaper than a whopping $80,000 for a new one!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
output_image1695239417052.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop called me a few days ago and I told her of my plans on Wednesday.

Me-I’m going to go see some friends so I don’t sit here and feel sad all day. We’ll go to lunch.
RT- Are you going to take him with you? (BJ was cremated so he’s in a wood box)
Me-No, I don’t think so, he doesn’t have much appetite these days.

Then we cracked up laughing!

RT and her sweet husband helped me move sheep from Lindale to my sons house. My wounds of grief were raw and I was struggling. I set a strawberry dessert on the table.
Me-This was BJ’s favorite dessert.
RT- it looks so good!
Me- And today is his birthday!
RT-(jumping up and grabbing his box) Well let’s sing him Happy Birthday!!
And we did, laughing until we cried.