Baymule’s Journal

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's crazy to see a place that doesn't expect 80 mph winds how much destruction happens versus here where this is just part of the seasonal winds that blows in the spring and fall.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Houston County Electric Co-op said at 5 PM last night , 9,547 people were without electricity. By 10 PM, only 4,732 were without electricity. I’m one of them. Power should be restored by Wednesday evening, last remnants by Thursday.

Of course it’s hot. I opened a window on front of house. No windows on ends of house. Sun rises on the front of house, sets on back of house and bakes it like an oven. Mobile homes are not made to live in without electricity. I have a mess to clean up outside, lots of work to do, but I’ll be taking it slow and real easy until power comes back on. I’m not going to get super hot with nowhere to cool off.

I boiled coffee on the stove this morning, still on my first cup. I slept well last night, it was still cool after the rain. From here until power is restored, it will be miserable. I’ve done this hurricane thing before. LOL

There are pictures on FB of the Lufkin Walmart with power poles snapped off. I bet they are back up now. Walmart must open!!

There were 3 trees across my road yesterday. Bennett and Chase cut them off and tractors the chunks out of the way. I did not join the festivities because I was trying to get animals fed and down for the night. Sentry looked so pitiful that I put him in the front yard and he slept on the porch.

My road was flooded in front of my farm, but I’ll get in the truck today and go to town, just because.

I’ll check in later.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's crazy to see a place that doesn't expect 80 mph winds how much destruction happens versus here where this is just part of the seasonal winds that blows in the spring and fall.

I think I came out ok. I know my shelters are not sturdy and storm worthy. They are not meant to be permanent, so I’m not surprised. The shed blowing apart was unexpected , it survived hurricane Ike in 2008, according to the previous owners. I thought it would be ok. Power lines took a beating, power poles just snapped off like kindling wood.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I came out ok. I know my shelters are not sturdy and storm worthy. They are not meant to be permanent, so I’m not surprised. The shed blowing apart was unexpected , it survived hurricane Ike in 2008, according to the previous owners. I thought it would be ok. Power lines took a beating, power poles just snapped off like kindling wood.
Yeah you came out pretty good. Bet it's from the wind direction is why it didn't survive this round on the shed. Snapped off poles indicates small twister nearby hit.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
There used to be 150 acres of forest right up against the fenceline where the house is, but it all got clearcut. That was probably a factor too.

Eeww I just got a mouth full of coffee grounds. Oh the joys of stovetop coffee!
Come on you got to watch every cup you drink. It's all we ever have is stove top coffee here. Even better when it has been sitting over a open camp fire all day getting smoked flavored.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Campfire coffee is the est! I just had to make do with my gas stove—and forgot to clench my teeth as a strainer. LOL
We ran so hard and heavy when we first invaded Iraq that we would eat the coffee packets to keep going in the MRE's and to top it off they had lots of "Chi" or hot tea in over there. We were loaded to the gills on caffeine, adrenaline and rage.