Beating the Heat

Britgoes2market

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
What are ya'll doing to beat this heat wave? Seems to have come early. Got our fans up, every now and then will put a wee bit of ice in the water.

Best of luck to all you guys! This week will be triple digits the next 2 weeks. Possibly longer.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Outside stuff early day & late day. Mid day, inside. Cook very little. Use those heat & eat meals stashed in freezer, the chicken I canned -- ready to eat -- garden veggies, etc. AC on but not extreme, as it keeps bill lower, comfy still. Also makes it easier to be outside.

Priority here is check water tubs couple times a day to refill &/or dump if too warm.....I'm good, otherwise. Animals have shade trees, barns, ample grass & water. Grained 1x day.

Plus keep myself hydrated and keep shorter, slower work time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Outside stuff early day & late day. Mid day, inside. Cook very little. Use those heat & eat meals stashed in freezer, the chicken I canned -- ready to eat -- garden veggies, etc. AC on but not extreme, as it keeps bill lower, comfy still. Also makes it easier to be outside.

Priority here is check water tubs couple times a day to refill &/or dump if too warm.....I'm good, otherwise. Animals have shade trees, barns, ample grass & water. Grained 1x day.

Plus keep myself hydrated and keep shorter, slower work time.

X 2!!!!!