Blessedfarmgirl's Journal

blessedfarmgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

blessedfarmgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
60 bales in the barn, 60 more to go in the next couple weeks! I found decent Bahia hay for only $4 a bale. This has been a phenomenal hay year and folks have way more than they need. Normally square grass hay bales are at least $8.
@Baymule thanks for the stair-step tip, it worked great!

This is a hay monster. They like climbing on hay bales.
1000003012.jpg

1000003020.jpg

blessedfarmgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a dog story! I'm very proud of them and how much they have grown. Just a year ago, Moses was a giant, scared puppy that hid behind me from threats and let my female dominate him, and Gracie was a problem dog who ran off to other people's properties whenever she could. A few night ago however, I got to finally see some results to patient boundary training and them finally maturing. We were walking the property line by the neighbors (we do this twice a day since the dogs have small areas they stay in with the animals) and I heard the neighbor's dogs barking. We have a history with this neighbors dogs coming on our property and they sent my female to the hospital about a year and a half ago. So I wasn't surprised when two of their large dogs, a lab and a German shepherd, came through the barb wire and started barking aggressively at us. The neighbor was yelling for them and whistling, but they ignored her. Then they charged straight at me. My dogs didn't even bark, they just charged. Moses, who usually lets Gracie lead, went ahead and all 120 pounds of him barreling at top speed was plenty to send both dogs packing back through the fence. They stood by the fence and stared at the dogs, who resumed barking. Then I called them and both of my dogs came immediately. But the other dogs decided they weren't done and came back through the fence. Same thing happened. Finally the other dogs got the message they weren't wanted and we left.
Now this might not seem like a big deal to some people, but it is big for us after all we've been through with both dogs, especially Gracie. Before, she would have left the property to chase them even with a shock collar on. She didn't have a shock collar that night. It was a big step forward for both dogs and I'm pretty proud of them. Also, It's pretty crazy that my Pyrenees had better recall than a lab and a German shepherd. 😂 So it was a minor encounter, but it was very encouraging for me to see training paying off for the one and instinct kicking in for the other.

A pic of Moses because he's my Velcro and I can never get pics of the ever moving Gracie. 😂

1000002786.jpg