blood??? from prego goat.

ALEXthegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't have a due date. she looks like she's close. she's a pgymy. and It appears that there is a bit of blood around her hoo-hoo. is this good or bad?? thx

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Are you sure it's blood or could it be dark colored goo?

Does she have an udder? Is she bagged up?

Can you post pictures of her?

ALEXthegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
it looks like blood...it might be dark color goo. her babies have dropped. she has increased the amaount of milk in her bag. it's dark ouside and still raining...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm guessing dark colored goo.

Keep us posted and pictures can help us help you if you can get them in the morning.

ALEXthegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
but what does this mean? is something wrong? is she going to have he babies soon?

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Dark colored/amber colored goo is a sign of labor starting. I'm too new to goats to know what blood means, sorry I can't help there.

Good luck! Hope you have babies real soon!

ALEXthegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well, I think that your right that its the amber stuff...how soon/ how long could she be out do you think?? and thank you sooo much!

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You may have kids already before you read this post. But if shes bagged up and leaking amber goo...it will be very soon. Keep checking her and get your birthing kit out and ready.

Good luck hope all goes well for you and her!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Could be a month, could be today. Leaking a little doesn't mean much...I have several does who have a small amount of discharge for a month before they kid.

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a few that have discharge throughout late gestation as well. Usually with ours it's the same amount as you'd see in a heat cycle and similar in color, though one of our doe's was light amber colored through the last couple weeks. You might mark down the date you're seeing discharge just in case she does make you wait a while. It might give you a more precise timeline for her next kidding. Or not... goats being how they are. :p