Boone-My Anatolian Unicorn

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to do more formal training and proof him. He did really well on our last trip to to on sit and down stays but I don’t feel like he’s 100%. He’s also difficult to place in a down stay next to my chair which is important as he is now too tall to go under tables. He’s only 29 inches right now at 8 months. Potamus was 32 but was abnormally tall for a Maremma.
His Hermspringer collar came today and I had to fit it to him. He seems quite happy with it.
Randy is in a lot of pain. His shoulder should have been replaced last year and he’s been quite growly and short tempered because of the pain, especially with the dogs because has always allowed them to climb on him without permission and now it’s biting him in the azz. They don’t do it to me. So Boone is locked outside in the morning. Poor Boo.
I need to focus on positioning him next to my chair and duration on his down stay. Problem is, he sprawls. He’s basically lazy and spends most of his life sprawled out somewhere 😂
He will be a challenge, for sure.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone is the August pin-up on their calendar 😍
IMG_9242.png

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba sprawls too. Buford is better at sit but has a short attention span. Sentry is great. He has much better manners, I spent more time with him.
Yeah, the LGD attention span makes it really interesting to task and obedience train, but I knew it wasn’t gonna be a cake walk…do they even have those anymore?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spent time eating lunch at the table, with Boone’s Hermspringer and leash on him. He did much better laying next to me. Lot of pop-ups but he was good about going back down, if a treat was involved. Working on duration. Main thing was, he didn’t sprawl☺️