Boone-My Anatolian Unicorn

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone has been very vocal lately. Not barking, just wooh woohs. I’m never too sure what he is saying but give it my best guess. We usually spend time training everyday, doing SOMETHING, but I was not great today so was reading and he just couldn’t have that, so he woohed, put a foot on me and stared me down. So, we worked on picking up toys and putting them in his bucket. He’s used to putting things in my hand so dropping them in the bucket instead was a tad confusing for him. He doesn’t mind working for his “wages” but he does expect payment whether the job was satisfactory or not, because, well, it’s the thought that counts, and he thought he was getting cookies. When he dropped his squeaky snake on the floor instead of in the bucket, he waited for his cookie, and when it wasn’t forthcoming, he huffed in complete disgust and grabbed my med bag off the table and shoved it in my lap, as he KNOWS that’s a sure payoff.
I resorted to putting the snake in the bucket myself and paying him each time and he seemed to get the idea. He put it in the bucket himself and got a jackpot so he’s satisfied with his superior intellect, then pulled his favorite red ball out and attempted teaching me how to play outside. After he stopped to gnaw on it, I went back inside. He showed up moments later with his red rubber frisbee, so I flew that for him a few times.
I might not quite understand what he’s saying, but I don’t think I am too far off, as he continues trying to communicate with me, so I am grateful for that.
I SOOOO LOVE Boone!!