"Bucky" Wethers?

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Once again Chico and Bob are giving me a run for my money...

My Horned Nubian princess Doe, "Violet" has come into heat and her brother "Chico" and my LaMancha "Bob" who are BOTH horned wethers are acting very aggresive to each other.
They beat the tar outta each other latley where they usually are the best of buds and cuddle together.
And pooorrr Violet! She doesnt have a clue why they wont leave her in peace! :hit

Bob is constantly mounting her and ramming her to submit.
And Chico guards an protects his sister with the tenacity of a pit-bull!

Chico, who is now 9 months old, was castrated at 6 weeks and Bob, who is now 6 months old, was castrated at 8 weeks.

Is this "normal" behavior for Wethers?

B.T.W.... I found out this morning , about 4 feet too late, why people say "Never turn your back on a Billy... Please add to that saying... OR A BUCKY WETHER!! :ep That [censored] :duc CHICO!

Big Bother Chico
2273_chico_9_mnths.jpg

Chico & Violet & Lil` Bob
2273_all_3.jpg

They look HUGE when they layout on the porch huh?:plbb

Calliopia

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We had a very bucky whether who wouldn't leave a doe alone. He was kind of shaggy so it took us a while to tell but he still had 1/2 his package. It was the first time his previous owners had banded a goat and one slipped back.

Could it be they still have some of their parts?

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Nope, Both were totally castrated at the Vet when they were 6 and 8 weeks old... "smooth as a babys bottom" down there... so to speak ;)