Building a pantry

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
By the end of December, I will (assuming I pass) attain my Master Food Preserver title.

I'm taking an on line class thru the state of WA, the local Sustainable Ag dept and several County Extension offices. They are trying to resurect the knowledge of safe and tested canning, dehydrating and freeze drying processes, in order to help educate those interested. No Rebel canners allowed, for good reasons.
I've been looking at one in CA - it's in Tulare county - they sent me to my county and there doesn't appear to be a class.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill This is the only one in Washington state. It almost died out but Washington state Univ system resurrected it.

I wonder if the class in Tulare would be online? This one is, for the first time. Before everyone needed to drive up, over, down to Chehalis WA. That is 1.5 hours from me. I'll do the on line every Wednesday for 3 months.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill This is the only one in Washington state. It almost died out but Washington state Univ system resurrected it.

I wonder if the class in Tulare would be online? This one is, for the first time. Before everyone needed to drive up, over, down to Chehalis WA. That is 1.5 hours from me. I'll do the on line every Wednesday for 3 months.
Tulare is online. I'll email the SD coordinator and ask if there is one here. If not I'll go back and try to sweet talk Tulare to let me in. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a master canner until recently when I found out a fellow cook and sour dough baker took the class.