Callie Pups!New homes & Teaching Moments

Do you think DNA will show any Toli/Pyr crosses?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SBC, love logging on to good news...and pics! I hope and pray you get some rest.

Meaghan

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I just logged back on and it seems things are going better now. I hope Callie continues to improve and that you can get some sleep soon! :hugs Callie is lucky to have you! I've been on the same page with your vet, most people who have LGD's or even just regular farm dogs don't take particularly good care of them from my personal experience. Just another dog to them sadly, in a lot of cases.

I've shadowed at many vet clinics, and one of the most memorable farm dog encounters was this poor older dog who had a splintered bone fragment in his elbow on X-Rays. Owners declined surgery, so they put him on steroids and splinted his leg so that he wouldn't have to bear weight on the elbow itself and still use the leg. Came back in two weeks, very little improvement without the cast (non weight bearing on that leg), but the owner seemed to think that the dog wasn't in pain. Poor dog, the owner refused any other treatment (even steroids and pain meds) and left. :(

On a brighter note, the babies are adorable. :love I love puppies. Who doesn't? So stinkin' cute!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Callie is holding well. We have not done any bottles with the pups. So far everything is being managed by food at every 4 hours and Calcium every 6 hours.

I am so proud to have Callie as part of our farm and family.

Thank You all for the prayers for a "dog". :)

This is a heart of a guardian... complete loyalty...
http://www.backyardherds.com/threads/the-heart-of-a-guardian.30469/

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I am so sorry that I am just now posting, it's been busy here. I am so sorry that you are going through all this. You are such a great momma to all your animals! I sure hope all gets better from here for you and Callie. The pups are gorgeous. I would love to have any one of those. :drool:love You are so lucky! Sure hope they all keep growing and make you proud.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh Southern, not sure how i missed your postings for the past few days. dear Lord, i had tears in my eyes and was almost afraid to keep reading. I'm so glad she is doing so much better. the boys are just beautiful. Anatolians have always been my first love. its good to know I'm not nuts, as i looked at the first pictures you posted i thought to myself those look Anatolian pups not toli/pyr pups. sly little rascal. and you are so right, this isn't the way you planned it but God knows whats going to be. hope you're getting some much needed rest. will continue to keep you, callie and the boy in my prayers.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
UPdate- Callie is doing much better! :)

Vet called this am... bloodwork in. Calcium finally made it to the LOW end but within NORMAL range.

Her white count is slightly elevated though. :hu
She is going on a round of anti-biotics to be on the safe side.

DIVA now needs everything warmed, cooked, sauteed, served on a silver platter! :lol:

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
UPdate- Callie is doing much better! :)

Vet called this am... bloodwork in. Calcium finally made it to the LOW end but within NORMAL range.

Her white count is slightly elevated though. :hu
She is going on a round of anti-biotics to be on the safe side.

DIVA now needs everything warmed, cooked, sauteed, served on a silver platter! :lol:

:weeeYes, what I was hoping to read soon! Sure hope she keeps getting better.

Lol she knows she'll get it too! Smart, smart girl. ;)

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am soooooo happy. I love Callie even though I have never met her. I know how much she means to you and her loss would be devastating. The world is a much better place with Callie in it, for all of us. :celebrate

I just remembered, when we used to volunteer with greyhound adoption, I remember a breeder telling me that they do the "puppy rotate" for all litters over 8. Leave half the pups on mom at a time.