Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good to hear from you 🥰. Maybe you could squeeze us in between dinner & bed -- just a little bit. We miss you. Ms B looking good, how Chaos?

Assume cows are fine. Hey, I just found out the processer I was using closed this Spring...retired! It was a family facility, so over & done 🫤. Glad I found out before I bought those pigs! 😳 🤷🤣
Hope it wasn't K&S in Kenbridge!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good to hear from you 🥰. Maybe you could squeeze us in between dinner & bed -- just a little bit. We miss you. Ms B looking good, how Chaos?

Assume cows are fine. Hey, I just found out the processer I was using closed this Spring...retired! It was a family facility, so over & done 🫤. Glad I found out before I bought those pigs! 😳 🤷🤣
Cows are good. I need to do some fence work soon. There are a few arc spots that I can hear & it's bound to be affecting the currant.
Chaos is great! 🥰
My tiny little Marilyn finally got spayed last week (1.5yrs old!!) and had to stay in a crate for several days. It took her a nearly 3days to kick off the anesthesia. He stayed within sight of the crate she was in the whole time. He's such a sweet boy.
Jobs going good. Trying to get the house cleaned up & food prepped for Thanksgiving 🥵

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Marilyn
20231111_162811.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that Chaos is doing good. Glad that the "kitten" is getting back to normal after the spaying.
Yeah, fence needs to be gone over every so often... but ... at least they are staying in where they belong... SOOO glad you got the new charger that set "them on their butts" and learned that you really were serious... the arcing, and clicking will remind them that the fence is really on.... sometimes not a bad thing to have it "touching" something to make it make noise...

REALLY GOOD to hear the job is going good now. Sounds like you are much more comfortable with it... and there is no stress in your posts... YAY
:yesss::yesss::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:highfive::highfive::highfive::clap:clap:clap:clap

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Checkin/update
I came home one day this week to find Blossom standing in the driveway. The fences only showing 1 or 2 lights, at best, on the checker. Ended up disconnecting the entire back pasture ( nothing there to graze anyway) & re-doing the hot-wire connection at the box. Back up to 8 lights.
Work has been rough. I've GOT to get my head around this. I do good for a day or two, then crash & burn in Everything I touch.
Mostly - farm & work & life in general - just getting through the days. DID get a gallon of really rich looking turkey broth & a quart of bits & pieces canned up from the Thanksgiving bird.
20231203_164425.jpg

20231203_165435.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your emotional disarray 🥴. No, you didn't make a mistake with the job. Drop those thoughts and you will absorb this one more fully. It's hard to give up after so much comfort for a new challenge. Think -- is there a part of the new system that makes you tense up? Look at why. A certain activity you feel uncomfortable with -- people? Try to identify the triggers at work, at home, personal life situations.....then you can resolve that, not everything at once. 🫂🤞🥰

Glad you did post a check in.👍😁. See you got that clip on Blossom. Hope cats and Birdie are still doing well for you, still around.

We miss your posts.😊