Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
So all year this year I've felt a general declining of my mobility & strength. I'm sick enough of feeling like this that I'm finally ready to DO something.
I think that I can "blame" a little of it on the 4 months being very small & still at that awful office job. And a little bit more on the rotting in the recliner while I was terribly depressed & out of work for another couple of months. But honestly.... just like anything else, it's simply the result of a hundred little daily decisions.
My diet isn't terrible - but a few swaps here & there can make it better. 👍
Moving more is going to be the only solution, I think.
I've found a couple of physical therapists on FB that offer some things that might help with my biggest issues (hip locked-up, bursitis?).
Years ago I got into BodyGroove & loved how I felt while doing it, so that's back on the table as an option. I also found an old yoga DVD that is geared toward seniors. That's about my speed right now.

I've figured out that I possess ZERO self discipline and that I require accountability, so I'll be using this thread to post a lot of before & after things documenting activity. Kinda like last year's Big Barn Cleanout .... which needs a tidy-up.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are the great enablers - but we are also great encouragement for good stuff :) .
If you have someone to do things with that is always helpful!!!
LOL - I've got all the dog lessons I teach (detection and herding) that gives me the personal BOOT out the door. I admit when I have to cancel for weather (too hot or too rainy in that time of year) it's sooo easy to think about cancelling again. Then I have 2 things in my brain --- these people WANT to do this and I can't let them down, and second there's that darned hay bill.:lol:. That's my push. While I do get paid, I do enjoy doing it. Doing nothing is always the easier route.
If you have a friend that wants to do something team up and do it together.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now that I'm on night shift, my window of time to do things is usually around 3pm - 5pm.
I'll be in my own for now.
OK I know your shift is night and don’t know the area but what about a walk around the building with a coworker at “lunch”?
When I was working a lot of people did that. Of course it was day time.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK I know your shift is night and don’t know the area but what about a walk around the building with a coworker at “lunch”?
When I was working a lot of people did that. Of course it was day time.
Not a bad idea. There's nobody to walk with, and I wouldn't go outside for anything 😬, but it's a big building & I could even add some stair climbing.
👍