Canesisters 2024 journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometimes we just must 😴 for a longer time. Our body demands it -- often without your control or agreement. Glad you're better! Glad you could be home to sleep, even if it "wasted" you day off plans.

Blossom doing well means she's probably being kept to be a momma 🥰. That would be super but...

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am NOT a superstitious person AT ALL... I firmly believe all that stuff is a bunch of hooey.
But.... tonight has just been WEIRD. Stuff keeps happening for no reason that I can find.
Perfectly normal rolls of fiber suddenly throw a gob of fuzz the size of my fist - knocking itself & several neighbors out of place - then go back to running normal.
The weft fiber snaps 3x in a row for no apparent reason, then goes back to running fine.
One of the vacuum tubes just stops sucking the trash line in. No tangle, not caught on anything.... just stopped being sucked in. I pulled it through & it has run fine.
Fiber wrapping around idler rolls for no reason....

4 More hours to go & at this point I'll be glad to just get home in 1 piece. This machine is out to get me.

Last edited:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well that was a surprise 😮

We were having our morning safety meeting & 1 of the guys asked when we were getting 'the new guy'. We are short 1, every other crew has 4. The supervisor says that he's sorry, that it looks like it's going to be Debbie's replacement instead of a 3rd creel tech.
😳 ..... I'm sorry... who what now? First I've heard of this.
I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see a posted schedule showing a change.
But..... maybe soon?

Funny thing is - as BAD as I want to go back to working days... I'm finally feeling like I'm getting the hang of this shift.
And it IS easier with no bosses around.
🤔 easy work / no life .... hard work / exist with other humans again