Canesisters 2024 journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
JMO, the welded wire would quickly come apart. It’s a lot of work to put up a fence, much less take one down, then put it back up. My advice is to buy a roll of woven wire, you could use field fence since the holes are 6” and it’s much cheaper than sheep and goat wire with 4” holes. Unless you dream of goats and sheep LOL. The wire is 48” tall. Get T-posts and a driver, do a little at a time. Attach the hot wire to the new fence to keep Eva from using it as a new rubbing post. You will find another use for the welded wire.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to the big Gilmanor Swap meet yesterday & met up with @farmerjan & @Mini Horses . You two ladies are amazing. We had a good time, the weather was great. Sooooo much to see. I can believe I didn't take a SINGLE picture!!! 😱
Haunting Facebook & BYC hoping someone is going to post areal video again this year.
Yeah... totally forgot the "proof in in the pics or it didn't happen" PICTURE.... GRR

Yep, had a great meet up and weather was good, got a little warm and sun was bright. Came home to some rain in the evening....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have all the types of fence made, I think 🤪. Electric on some. The newer welded isn't worth buying for some animals -- my goats, at least.
I have some 20 yr old welded that's amazing! Back then way heavier & strong. Buy a little at a time & work it as you can....I am doing that. Another replacement stretch will go up next month, hopefully. Some goats are way less inclined to explore ☺️

Of course, you can put a goat/lamb in your already fenced back yard :lol::idunno

So great to meet up yesterday ☺️ it was a fun day. Should I bring you a Beauty Berry start next Spring?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welded wire won't cut it for sheep and goats... if they did nothing but rub against it, it will break the welds very fast and then be a mess to deal with. It is best used as wire that is within a frame of some sort where any pressure is distributed evenly to not break the welds...
Maybe yard sale or advertise on something like facebook marketplace or something.,.... 3 used rolls that are in real good shape....someone might be interested and it is sooooo much more expensive now, and you could recoup a good part of what you put into it if it is good shape, and put towards some good woven wire.... even see if there is someone in the area that does fencing and see about what it would cost to have it done since you do not have a tractor etc to do it and be able to pull it tight.... have to have good brace posts to pull against...It would greatly increase your property USE, ie. some sheep or something.... as well as future value....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have all the types of fence made, I think 🤪. Electric on some. The newer welded isn't worth buying for some animals -- my goats, at least.
I have some 20 yr old welded that's amazing! Back then way heavier & strong. Buy a little at a time & work it as you can....I am doing that. Another replacement stretch will go up next month, hopefully. Some goats are way less inclined to explore ☺️

Of course, you can put a goat/lamb in your already fenced back yard :lol::idunno

So great to meet up yesterday ☺️ it was a fun day. Should I bring you a Beauty Berry start next Spring?
Yes to the beauty berry start for me at least PLEASE... It would be a nice plant to have...

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score

Yes! I'd love some of those.
@farmerjan I had totally forgotten that i had said I'd bring you some iris! I'm making a list on the calendar for the spring swap.
yellow iris for Jan ✔️

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ditto on the welded wire. Though it does make good tomato cages (though even tomatoes escape ;) ). I've used the left over pieces of woven for the garden "cages" it 'hinges' along the weave no bending needed. With all the fencing we've done the last few years I've got quite a few small pieces I can't bear to toss out.