Canesisters 2024 journal

fuzzi

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I picked up a partial roll of coated (welded?) wire fencing at Habitat for Humanity. I used some for the door to my hoop coop.
IMG_20230223_180547200.jpg

(during construction)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I picked up a partial roll of coated (welded?) wire fencing at Habitat for Humanity. I used some for the door to my hoop coop.
View attachment 111929
(during construction)
Yes and you also used hardware cloth, reinforcing the welded wire. Nice looking hoop coop! I am currently using 2 hoop shelters covered by tarps, for my sheep!

fuzzi

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yes and you also used hardware cloth, reinforcing the welded wire. Nice looking hoop coop! I am currently using 2 hoop shelters covered by tarps, for my sheep!
Thank you.

The entire structure is covered with hardware cloth, including an 18"-24" apron. We have every predator here except bears, wolves, and bobcats.

The tarps don't last long in zone 8a, so I put woven shade cloth over the tarps. It's keeping the back area dry, even in tropical storm conditions.
IMG_20230922_190640306.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve built those for chickens, put tin on top to keep it dry. It takes 2 people. Use 1x4s for slats on inside and screw the tin on outside. When finished, cut off screws on the inside so you don’t snag yourself.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
.... fine 😤 I won't waste time, money, effort & possible heartache putting 300' of cheap welded wire where I will surely regret it.

Seriously though, I ALWAYS appreciate the honest advice I get here. 😊

So, going back to my resolve to try & make peace with night shift by working out a schedule where I can do something other than work & sleep. I got home about 8am & have decided to stay up till at least 10:00.
It's raining, so no outside projects. Cup of coffee made & cuddles with Chaos. He has gotten SOO CLINGY the past few days.
Got dishes washed. Started a load of laundry. Next up, cleaning out the litter boxes & vacuuming, tidying up the den & living room.
Habit to 'gain' in Oct - keeping the 3 open rooms that are visible from either door 'company ready'. Not that I ever have company 🙄 ...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to "laugh" at the "tantrum" over the welded wire. After meeting you in person, I can now feel comfortable with a few little "jibes" like that, knowing you will be okay with it. It is hard to put things on paper without being able to see a person's reactions....and not offend them.

A friend of mine years ago told me they to try to think about their "normal habits" when working days and apply it to nights... So they started trying to stay up after working, doing chores and jobs, then going to bed and getting up in time to go to work... just like when on day shift, they would go to bed and get up in the morning to go to work. Come home and do things then go to bed, to get sleep in order to get up and go to work. It was easier the 2nd day off they said.

I imagine it would be harder on the way your days off happen... and wanting to get things done when it is daylight out...I admire you... I was never a night person.... so it would be nigh on impossible for me to work through the night... I do much better getting up and getting going in the morning..... early... even when it meant going to bed at 9 at night.