Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, the tires aren't fixed yet. 1 is good. I think it'll be fine. The other is leaking out through the spokes!!! :hu I got the spoke holes about 1/2 coated in flexseal & ran out.🙄
So I went around to the front yard & trimmed a dozen or so crepe myrtle branches. These will be the stakes that will hold the old fence boards in place. Have you ever used myrtle around your place? It's a dense, slow to rot wood & is great for light duty stakes & poles. Plus, whatever type of myrtle these are will grow 15'+, nearly straight branches every year. I got about 6' of good usable 2" thick or better wood from each branch & figure that in 24" sections, they should do just fine to keep the oak boards standing up.
Then I got a text from a friend saying that there is some kind of program that she just got approved for a free 'high tunnel' greenhouse & I should apply. .... so now I'm hesitating to start pounding in stakes & laying cardboard if there's a chance of adding a greenhouse to the area. What is a high tunnel?? Isn't that a hoop house?
Anywho, the garden day has turned into a day to gather all the supplies into the immediate area. Then make another trip to Tractor Supply..... oh noooo 😉.
Then groceries & may as well make a run to the dumpsters while I'm out.

There's an event this afternoon called Stuff Your Stanley. A local ice-cream place will fill your Stanley mug (or any comparable) up to 40 OUNCES with their homemade soft serve plus 3 toppings for $11 🍦
But I can't find anyone to go with me. 😢 Sure, I can go by myself but what fun is that? Maybe I'll just grab a pint of Ben & Jerry's while I'm out.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes...a tunnel is a hoop house.

:old BUT --- I would be real careful with anything about it. Scams are rampant and who is out there giving away a thousand $ or better????? Verify website age, then company info, call company listed but NOT phone on the site.

Not wanting to be negative, just completely honest. 😁