Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well -- went to site. Per usual government directives 😵‍💫🤐 they give generalities, not many specifics. It "appears" they are considering a "farmer, or wanna be" for funding of this huge hoop house. There are suggested limitations within each category to be met, again minimally explained, for funding acceptance. Then no info at all as to what you are required to do/produce, or repay from this "co-operative" situation, or how much gov will be in your butt for life 😁🥴. Does seem they want commercial use for/from farmer. For how long 🤷

What info did your friend have for any of this? Heck, if no payback, just a prequal and production specks, I'd look into it. Conservation keeps appearing in their narrative 🤔wonder what that's about
She just said that she went down to the local office (USDA I believe) & applied. There was some kind of contract because when I suggested that this would be a great way to get into business raising meat birds, she said that 'no livestock' was in the contract. I mentioned at one point that she might be able to put her bees in there at 1 end .... but they're considered livestock.
It's going to work out perfectly for her because this is just about exactly the size of her existing garden & she can just have this installed right over her space. I'm really excited for her. This will give her 3 seasons of produce growing.
I'm off this coming Wed & Thurs & I might go by the office myself to get more details. Can't hurt to ask.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is she required to sell produce? I might have to check it out. 🤔 That summer produce auction is only 13 miles away.
Is there an office near you? Wouldn't hurt to stop by & ask if there is some paperwork on this that you could look at.
It seems like this is a pretty substantial structure they're talking about. She did mention that you're required to have a contractor install the thing - to make sure it's done right I suppose - but that there is reimbursement for part of all of that.
I'll get more details later this week.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, there's an office not too far....might check. Payback is my consideration, not striking into a long term debt for something I'd like but don't need.