CD/T vaccine

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a doeling that is just about 5 months old. My "herd" consists of 2 does and this doeling. We milk the does and drink the milk raw, and we are in an area that they don't come into contact with any other farm animals, so I don't usually vaccinate my own goats for CD/T. I do give it to babies born here that will be sold and move on to other homes.

So, this doeling got her first CD/T when she was 3 weeks old, but we decided to keep her and didn't give the booster 21 days later. We have now decided that she isn't fitting into our plans as well as we thought she would, so we are going to sell her. I want her vaccinations up to date before she goes.

My question is: Do I have to start the process over and give her 1 injection now and another 21 days from now? Or just one more injection now? I can't imagine that she would be covered until next year for her annual. Any ideas?
Thanks!
-K

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Suburbanfarmer said:
elevan said:
You have to start over with an initial dose and a booster in 3 weeks.
Thanks. Will it be a problem to have 2 more doses after only 4 1/2 months of the original dose?
We give ours 3 and sometimes 4 doses by they time they are 6 to 7 months old. Normally, we do one at 4 weeks one at 8 weeks and then one at 4 months, we do the 4 month one because we did the firs two so young. Then we do another one at a year of age.

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
Suburbanfarmer said:
elevan said:
You have to start over with an initial dose and a booster in 3 weeks.
Thanks. Will it be a problem to have 2 more doses after only 4 1/2 months of the original dose?
We give ours 3 and sometimes 4 doses by they time they are 6 to 7 months old. Normally, we do one at 4 weeks one at 8 weeks and then one at 4 months, we do the 4 month one because we did the firs two so young. Then we do another one at a year of age.
Thanks!

Latest posts