cedar shavings

Andrei

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am looking at the section title and wander where can one get cedar shavings in nature?
But that it is not nice.
I heard that guinea birds love to eat the insects we do not like on our animals but I have no personal experience.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am looking at the section title and wander where can one get cedar shavings in nature?
But that it is not nice.
I heard that guinea birds love to eat the insects we do not like on our animals but I have no personal experience.

From a cedar tree.

Andrei

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is the first time I hear that a cedar trees shaves.
Are they around the tree?
You just load it?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the first time I hear that a cedar trees shaves.
Are they around the tree?
You just load it?

No, I don't think it works that way. :th

Cedar shavings are a byproduct when one converts cedar trees into lumber at a sawmill.
The small pieces are "shaved" but are really ran through a special chipper. Cedar is very valuable and in this way, none of the material goes to waste.

Last edited:

Andrei

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I like cedar wood and I have built beehives out of it.
But the chips are man made as far as I know compared with pine needless that ate natural.
Just joking around.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like cedar wood and I have built beehives out of it.
But the chips are man made as far as I know compared with pine needless that ate natural.
Just joking around.

Ahh... you are joking.
And just where in nature does one find beehives built from cedar? But, now I jest.

I've noticed with the written word, it is sometimes difficult to determine the true meaning of the writer. If you and I were speaking with each other, there would be inflection and facial expression.

I was not sure if you were a) attempting to be clever b) attempting to be sarcastic or c) were truly uninformed.

I see now it is item "a" Bravo.

I will offer you a word of advice. When attempting to be clever it is much preferred that one use proper grammar and spelling. That way, the reader does not naturally assume that it is item "c"

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Andrei

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ahh... you are joking.
1. And just where in nature does one find beehives built from cedar? But, now I jest.

2. I've noticed with the written word, it is sometimes difficult to determine the true meaning of the writer. If you and I were speaking with each other, there would be inflection and facial expression.

3. I was not sure if you were a) attempting to be clever b) attempting to be sarcastic or c) were truly uninformed.

I see now it is item "a" Bravo.

4. I will offer you a word of advice. When attempting to be clever it is much preferred that one use proper grammar and spelling. That way, the reader does not naturally assume that it is item "c"

5. Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup
1. Well. one can go into a cedar grove and look for a hollow one and there is a chance one might find a bee colony.
2. Very true but I can pull a peank with a straight face. Sometimes.
3. Linguist perfectionist or child response.
4. True but .... for not writting in my native language I think I am doing OK.
5. Thenk you. It could make days more fun.

Andrei

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I didn't know you could use cedar for beehives since it is a "natural" insecticide.
Natural insecticide means no insects eat the wood and bees do not eat wood and do not even touch it since my boxes are salted and boiled in parafin and pinesap.