Check out this buck!

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hahaha I can picture him with that accent too. Spanish, maybe, since he is a LaMancha. :lol:

He IS big...probably about 200 pounds, comparing him to the size of my husband lol. And not even two yet, so he could get bigger.

The hard part is going to be choosing which doelings are keepers, if we get extra!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ariel301 said:
Hahaha I can picture him with that accent too. Spanish, maybe, since he is a LaMancha. :lol:

He IS big...probably about 200 pounds, comparing him to the size of my husband lol. And not even two yet, so he could get bigger.

The hard part is going to be choosing which doelings are keepers, if we get extra!
What's this mythical "extra doeling" concept you speak of?

Tell me more...

MysticScorpio82

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You know, I didn't think I cared for they way Lamanchas looked (their teeny little ears...) But after seeing this buck, I think I am a going to have too look at these guys again! He is so handsome!! :love

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, in a perfect world, I'd keep every doeling I get next year. But I only have the husband's (aka the money-provider) permission for three, as replacements for the two old girls and one younger one with a behavioral issue (she's an incurable self-nurser, has to wear a muzzle between milkings!) Since it was a buck year this year, I'm hoping for that mythical crop of lots of doelings! I told my girls I want two doelings and a buckling from each of them lol.

I did not like LaManchas either when I saw them at first. We got them because they were cheap. And now I am in love, they are seriously like big happy Labrador retrievers! People always ask why I cut their ears off though, because there are pretty much only Nubians around here.

MrsCountryChick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
The 2nd pic of him on the stanchion...he's really working the camera. For some reason, I picture him -- in a really overdone, vaguely western European accent -- going "Aaaah ha ha...you LIKE this, what you are seeing now...yes, no?"
:gig :lol: I'm sure he has that accent, lol! What a neked pic. :lol: Lamanchas just grow on you I think. That was the breed while researching dairy goats I was sure I Didn't want.... till we seen a few kids...... we were smitten, even Hubby liked them. And out of our goats they have the Sweetest personality! They're very docile & learn commands quickly. But I like the gopher ear best. It's funny when people look at them, then notice & say "what happened to their ears?" LOL

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm in northwest Arizona. He's not mine though, he goes back to his owner in a few days. I wish he was mine!