Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't pursue Levi....ignore him and look busy in the area he is in...wait for him to come to you....put a hand full of pellets in your pocket and parcel them out when he comes to ya....he won't continue to flee when ya come towards him....he'll sniff and nibble at your pocket... :)
I'll try that. He was so tame before anything was done to him. Now he runs away.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had these two Does before Levi and Pearl. Ozzy and Fancy were here. Wild goats and could not tame them. Tori and Heidi. Sold them. Wild goats are not easy to tame.
21CA4A5E-A7CF-4BAA-957F-01FD0297C208.jpeg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Star was a pasture goat that was only handled for specific purposes....she was 8yrs old and this is a pic of us trying to get her to the van to load her up to take her home....
IMAG0237.jpg.....it took us about 3-4mnths of daily interaction, but this is her not long after that....
IMAG2737.jpg.....she turned out to be the sweetest girl.... :love

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Star was a pasture goat that was only handled for specific purposes....she was 8yrs old and this is a pic of us trying to get her to the van to load her up to take her home....
View attachment 74955.....it took us about 3-4mnths of daily interaction, but this is her not long after that....
View attachment 74956.....she turned out to be the sweetest girl.... :love
Awwww! ❤️🐐..Star was very cute. Heidi and Tori are still a bit wild at the new home. They eat from the children's hands but still run like the wind if anyone tries to catch them. The children have been working with them to get them calmer. That's as far as I got them tame. They would eat from my hand but run away quickly.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's going to be another warm day here. 25C in the sunshine :weee
I finally got my flowers, tomato plant, pepper plant and a cucumber yesterday. :clap..Put up a small fence in front of the one flowerbed. Hopefully it keeps Wilson out of it now! Bought a few summer tops also.
I have to get my goats out today and I definitely won't be allowing them into the front yard because they will gobble my flowers in about 2 seconds :duc. I have to clip Darla the poodle today. She is looking like a lamb. She is funny because if I mention a haircut she sulks. If she sees me pulling out the clippers and scissors she heads to my Sons room.:lol: I also need to clip Wilson and he looks so hilarious clipped but he thinks he looks fantastic and sure enjoys the cooler haircut.
I'm up early again..The Wren is driving me nuts. :old:tongue
I forgot to go to the feed store for hay bags. I will go Friday instead.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband still hasn't put in the new toilet. :duc I believe he will do it today because if he doesn't get it done he won't be going Fishing until it is! :old..He is the absolute worst procrastinator I have ever known!:rant
I wish I was a much bigger woman because I'd have everything done in one day. I can't even lift a bale of hay. I rewired the top of the small chicken coops roof one summer and was standing on the ladder using the staple hammer. Well I stapled my sweater to the roof and I was stuck. You should have seen me panic to get my sweater free! I didn't need my husband seeing that. :ep:lol: