CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm having to rethink the situation here and will have to work to increase and improve the fencing situation. The past few nights have been a bit uneasy and has increased the concerns. We haven't lost any animals, but the predator activity is increasing and I have made several trips out in the dark to do animal checks prepared for a confrontation, but haven't faced any yet beyond the possums. Last night there were several coyotes across the road howling and yipping. So, until I can get some $$ and work done, I'll be making rounds. I sure can't wait for Gabbie to get here, settle and mature some to be able to help out....but, that'll take a little bit of time, so I'll be focusing on the security around here for awhile.....:)

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You just need to learn to shoot as well with your "off" arm as you do with the dominant one :D I would guess a .45 would pretty much remove a possum's head.

That would make it instant and humane though. I cannot shoot whatsoever with my off hand. Most left handed people have some dexterity with their right hand, but my right hand is pretty much useless. I never could master using my left eye to shoot right handed either.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could use your RIGHT eye to shoot with your right hand! But I do understand, my left hand is not real useful for much besides typing and holding stuff. My father broke his left (dominant) arm when he was in 3rd grade. He learned to write right handed, eats that way too (my left hand and a fork aiming toward my face are just shy of comical). But he golfed and batted left handed. And the BEST thing, he can hammer a nail in equally well with either hand. I look like a 2 Y/O trying to hammer with my left hand and get equivalent results.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My right eye is not my master eye though, and that matters for accuracy. If you point at a stationary object with both eyes open, and you close one and it moves, it's not dominant, and your accuracy will suffer for that. For me, it's about an inch off to the left with my right eye. I'm not sure I could hit the broad side of a barn from the inside like that, but shooting with my dominant hand and eye I have no problem making a golf ball sized group at 50 meters.
Crossing my fingers that surgery #2 repairs that issue though.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want to say just one word to you.
laser.
graduate-plastics_sm1.jpg

Are you listening?
There's a big future in red dot lasers.
Where the dot falls, the bullet follows.
10219025.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compact-Re...gfield-XD-XDM-Taurus-FNP-FN-FNH-/311221650678

Last edited:

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@greybeard You mean like this:
IMG_1045.JPG

Got one, with flashlight and red dot, or just red dot, or just flashlight.

Problem is, needs to be sighted in, and hard to sight it in accurately when I'm having hand problems with the one I need to use to sight it in right lol. It's off maybe 1/8th of an inch to the left from the regular sights.

That one is interchangeable to my AR15, and ambidextrous. That's a Glock 30SF.

Last edited: