CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:love to see that Fred. So glad you got Joyce a dog :hide :D.

Ahem.... but Fred... you ARE obstinate :duc:hide :lol: So am I... or stubborn if you prefer. Old enough to know I don't "have to" put up with BS if I don't want to. :thumbsup
Later in my mother's life she learned a new phrase: "I choose not to do that". I think she had always been an appeaser and finally decided she didn't have to make everyone happy regardless of what she would like.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I must admit, I do conform to popular opinion in how I dress as a pastor. I seldom wear dress shoes because I can get away with my black Western boots. I began using them for a graveside service in winter in snow, and just kept wearing them each week.

I do not like neck ties, so I wear a banded collar shirt and dress pants or suit. In the winter, I prefer to wear a sweater. During the week, I have knit shirts like business casual with the church name/design embroidered and cargo pants.

When on my time, I wear bibs and flannel shirt or t-shirt, etc. I prefer the overalls and only have a couple pair of jeans for going places away from home for casual "dressup".

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
After I retired from the Navy I worked as a government contractor for the next 26 years so dress casual was the norm. I mostly wear jeans when we go into town but when working around the farm it's always work clothes. I wore a suit to the wedding we went to not long ago and that was the first time most of the family had ever seen that.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm assuming the goats can try to butt the puppy? We kept Thor's visits around the sheep supervised until he was big enough to get out of the way of an angry ewe.

It looks like her ears aren't far from being upright.
Well, they have horns and they don't like dogs, so they could butt, horn, or drive her into the ground as they have continually tried with the outside cats. She is still pretty clumbsy with those big paws of hers and runs sideways as most young pups do....without much top speed. So, will just be introducing her to all very slowly as she develops, so hopefully she won't start off chasing them....trying to control that at the start. It isn't imperative for her to be inside the fence....if one or the other just can't accept it. She will have full access to all around the outside of the fence....it would be nice if it all works out where she can be inside, but not a deal breaker if not. I'm not real confident about the ears....her left ear is fine and normal, but her right ear is, for a lack of a better way to say it, lazied earred....it doesn't match the left....it is probably genetic, because her dad is that way....but, it just gives her character and isn't a major issue for us. These 2 pics show it pretty well.... IMAG2901.jpg
IMAG2903.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I still have suits in my closet... not sure why as none of them will fit me anymore. :hitSame issue with the dress shirts and dress pants. Ties there as well. Not much call for getting dressed up. Not even for my funeral... I won't care at all at that point. Plan on going out in flames so no dress code required. It will all end up as ash in the end. I actually used to enjoy getting dressed up every so often and though suits weren't required where I worked, I sometimes wore one just to leave everyone wondering what was going on (does he have a job interview?). Now it's jeans for everything.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Joe...I think she will turn out to be a very good dog and she does have a relaxed attentive demeanor about her....doesn't seem to have a high prey drive, but does watch all that goes on around her. We are not playing chase games with her to try and curb instilling any of that either....in the running game she isn't chasing Joyce, but is just trying to run with her.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
to see that Fred. So glad you got Joyce a dog
Well, we are tag-teaming on the pup for a couple of reasons....first, we want her to listen to both of us equally...in case something happens to one of us and the other is left with her there will be less confusion for her....2ndly, if only 1 is involved with the training and handling, then as a german shepherd, they become more loyal to one or the other and the lesser is considered as an equal pack member...which could cause issues at a fairly difficult time for both. I have insisted that Joyce have an active part in her training and raising for those reasons....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we are tag-teaming on the pup for a couple of reasons
I'm just messing with you, suggesting you got a dog for you and she prefers Joyce ;)

I mostly wear jeans when we go into town but when working around the farm it's always work clothes.
Um, if jeans aren't work clothes, what is?

I took a lot of clothes to the GW when I moved stuff out of the other house. REALLY don't need 2 dozen dress shirts. And yeah, the pants that are an inch or two narrower than I am now.