Cocci treatment for adult goat?

Hykue

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My older doe is still not doing all that well. She still won't eat her grain, her rumen is about 2x as big as it was when I got her last year (and has been for about 1 1/2 months), she's making milk but not very much, her kids are gaining slowly. (One only gained 7 lbs in the first month - she was born at 9 lbs). I'm planning to give the kids the preventative dose for cocci today. I did a fecal on this doe, and she showed some nematodes and a LOT of cocci. Really, a whole lot. At least 10x what my other doe had. I don't know if that's why she's not doing great, but I figure it won't hurt to try.

Does anyone have a dosage for Sodium sulfamethazine for adult goats? The kind I have is a 25% solution, but I don't need someone to do the math for me, I'm just wondering if the dose is the same as for kids or if it might be different.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Dosage is by #, so if you know the dosage for the kids by their weight you should be able to figure out the dosage for your adult by weight as well.

Hykue

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I figured that would be the case, but everything assumed I was treating a kid, I just wanted to see if anyone had info specific for adults . . . so far, looks like no!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have never used that product, I am treating a couple adults right now for cocci, but I am using Sulfa-dimeth on them. I would say like most things it is my weight.

Latest posts