Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
For once we are not getting the weather ahead of @Mini Horses . She is getting cold and wet from a front going up along the coast. We are in the dry spot between another front coming from the west and going more north.... have 20% chance but it looks unlikely... Just cold here... 26 again to start... only going into the 40's....

Ate some bacon and eggs and cup of hot cocoa... going to go to calves here shortly as the sun is coming out and it will take the edge off... might get windy later on though. That will be cold.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went outside and did chores. Let Cooper and his 15 girls out on the field, and the dogs. I just put insulated Carharts and a sweat hoodie over my robe. LOL
I’ll get dressed for church in a bit.
Looked at rain gauge, about 1/8 inch.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
images

While @Alaskan kid#3 is in VA (after he gets done at @farmerjan house) he can swing by my house and I'll pay him ice cream bars, Apple pie, brownies, Cheesecake or whatever else he wants
Wait wait wait - he can come here and we'll have fresh fish from the dock and avocados - we can pick it up while he checks out the beach. Of course that's after taking care of some ranch stuff. ;)

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
48 going to 68 -- I've seen it a lot here - my weather gets to you all next week, so hang on!!:lol:
Super high wispy clouds the weather ap seems to say "cloudy".
I'll graze some, weed whack and maybe get to the African violet that needs to be separated and fed.
And - maybe just maybe browse a seed catalog and order.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
It rained last night. I didn’t know it, slept right through it. Haven’t looked at the rain gauge, but there is a puddle by my car.
That one weatherman in Dallas can’t forecast worth sour owl poop. Missed the rain, the windy front and the cool down- 29 tonight. :somad
But five beautiful eggs today. Maybe the young hens are tuned into the Dallas weather and think it’s spring.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
#3 kid has now been driven back to his apartment. I am back down to only the 2 youngest.

AND, it looks like.... if I can manage...

I will bring the winter tires up for his horrid car... get the tires swapped out for him while he is at work... and then come home....

Not sure of I can manage though... I am up in his neck of the woods on Monday since kid #5 has another orthodontist appointment.

Maybe I will drive up, just to do the tires for him.... Tuesday or Wednesday... (I have PT Tuesday morning)....

And.... talking about the piece of S$#%t car he is driving... early last week, he was talking to me on the phone on his drive to his apartment, after work.... and he says, all calm "huh, sure is icy. Yep, a bit icy today" and then he says "wait a sec, I need to find a spot to turn around. Ah, perfect, I can turn around in this church parking lot."

And YEP.... chlid did a full spin on the mostly flat road.... was suddenly going the wrong direction on the road...

And THAT is why I told him he was NOT driving home for Thanksgiving... one of us would go and pick him up. :rolleyes:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Monday morning, coffee is ready. Bulldozer coming this week. Getting two 40’ shipping containers tomorrow, gotta take down some fence so truck can get in the back field. There is a gate, but power pole guide wire is too low for truck to drive under. Got to set round bale of hay for sheep. It’s 33 with high of 55 today.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
and he says, all calm "huh, sure is icy. Yep, a bit icy today"
At least he stayed calm and didn't make matters worse.
It’s 33 with high of 55 today.
That's cold for as far south as you are. Although we're at 17 this morning going to 50. Thanks for the coffee.
Good morning all.
It's time for the winter diesel treatment below 20. Brrr. I've been thinking about that for a while but didn't get any and haven't found any lying around (which there usually is).

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got some "winter diesel" treatment for my tractor a few days ago....haven't opened yet. It's not something that is generally a problem here with our normal weather. But, this yr -- who knows -- strange weather and all. Guess I better read up on it 🤔

It is soooo wet out there today, with the 24 hr rain.🙁. It'll be a chores, then go to work day. Just can't do much anything else. 🤷. Was still drizzly until about 4 am. Cool out, 44 and only going to 50. But we have sun!! Haven't seen that in 2 days. 😄. Not suffering like some of you north, however - I'm a southern gal.

Slept in -- now goaties are wondering where the buffet is...better go serve it up! 👍😂. First my ☕☕

Morning news shows wrecks and traffic backups all over, in town areas. Wet roads & back to work after several days off...crazy drivers. Glad I'm not going there 😄