Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Inflation is still up so no break on the prime rate today... stock market down over 400 points for the day... and the current "person with the title" of president, even though he is not capable of doing anything, is still trying to say how much inflation is down..... from a year ago????
Oh it's down. Say from 25% to 4-9% (or 4 to 3 but that's impossible when the price went up 50%). Well not down, just not going up as much, the 4% or whatever they are claiming is on top of that 25%. It would have to be a double digit negative to get back to 4 years ago. 3% for 4 years is 12% not 3% from 4 years ago.
Remember not telling the truth isn't lying. :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haven't been out BUT -- the winds are strong!! A very steady 20+mph. It doesn't appear we got the rains suggested, at my location. There was a lot, elsewhere. Radar made it look to have split some of the strong areas to SE and NE of me. Might explain why these winds were so strong...coming from both directions. 🤷 Won't open my front door because it's facing west and under wind attack! 😳. To my east, clouds are dark, that's VA Beach area, where it's raining, blowing off shore. Whatever. At least no rain here & now.

Obviously won't be out there beyond absolutely necessary today -- unless I have an anchor to hold me.🤣 Sounds like a hurricane out there. Been thru several of those.

So I'll sit and enjoy this fresh pot of coffee 🤔 Not sure what I'll do beyond this....😁

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want to sit and drink coffee with you!
It’s time for me ro get stronger and start walking Boone past dogs on the ranch.
He stared at himself in a mirror I didn’t see for quite a long time yesterday then woofed at himself. Barking is NOT allowed so we have to work with dogs approaching, both friendly and not. Then I need to plan a garden and sew a rag horse…

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still having internet problems. Please consider posts from the past few days liked etc. If I could get the site at all it would only let me lurk, not interact or post. Let’s see, ranch life as usual (check), eclipse ( cool and check), three days of thunderstorms (check), conquered the bizarrely complicated procedure for programming my weather radio- (check).
:somad I. Do. Not. Need. An. Iceberg Alert. In. Swahili.
I discovered why my fruit trees are struggling. When unpotting a new pear to plant the soil fell away from a nearly nonexistent root ball on a seven foot trunk. It’s possible that all my trees were basically bare root stuffed into a three gallon pot. How the top growth was produced beats me. Explains the no returns, no exceptions policy. This shenanigan from one of Texas’s premier nurseries- well shame on them. Orchard is salvageable but will need TLC.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My access has been super slow but I was thinking it might have something to do with the wind/stormy weather...

We had mostly clouds today... one bout of pouring wind driven rain for about 3 minutes... was at the nurse cow pasture barn and had put a little feed out in the outside trough...just clouds... was feeding bottles and had moved 1 calf into other pen so I could feed 2 and then 1... shut door to outside lot, then it all of a sudden started blowing and coming down.... and the calves out there eating were trying to come in door so I had to let them in barn and then put bottle calves back together as soon as I finished the bottles.... luckily the one didn't try to go out the door in the lot with the bigger calves, and they wanted in .... came in out of the driving rain for those few minutes...