Coffee anyone ?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too tired to think today. I’m wanting revenge on dogs for forcing me out of bed @ o dark thirty every day.
Rabbits and chicks are getting breakfast late this morning as I hurt way too much to go out yet. How I long for the days of jumping out of bed every morning, turning on coffee maker then running down to barn to get horses fed. I had a wonderful life. Sure would like to live it over again.
Trying to muster up the strength to go feed. Failing so far. Boo is outside scaring up trouble. I guess thats as good a reason aa any to get started

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good lambing season for you! I'm looking at the noisy weaning season here 🙄 fortunate to have had few boys. Thinking to wether at least one for freezer this winter. Or 2 to keep one for grow out friend. 2 bucks -- might sell one, plus couple dairy does. I'll look hard at the does born to keep for meat herd 🤷 the usual stuff. Saw 2 adult Boer does I'm thinking I may go take a look-see. Addicted.😂.

The storm front has taken rain off shore but left clouds & chilly, damp breeze behind. Ground wet from yesterday rains, so off to work shortly. I'll get jobs & errands done today thru Wed. Then home for about a week. It's life. 😁 Still need to get the garden planted !!! 😳🥴

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The last 3 ram lambs born are 2 weeks younger than the rest. So I’ll probably whether those 3. It will make weaning, selling, taking to auction easier without dealing with a couple of laggards. All the other rams were born in a 9 day spread. No wonder I was so tired!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well the lambing season may be over for @Baymule , but it sure isn't for these ducklings. I've got 4 fridges full worth of ducklings running around, sounds like a symphony down there as I open the doors up to water and feed. I'm sure if I do it in synchronization I could get some music going. Don't ask me how many, I stopped counting around 75, but I did learn how to vent sex. Two goslings and I think I got 3 or 4 more by the end of the month, the two I got are female :celebrate
High winds expected today with decent temperatures in the 60's

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
No potty patter of little Duckie feet to wake you up? Just where are you going to grow these out? Any Asian communities nearby? They really love duck eggs and duck meat. Duck eggs are a big hit with bakers too, any bakeries that would be interested?
They are all downstairs nice and quiet till one opens the door and it's a epic roar of excitement. No, no Asian communities nearby. Though I am thinking about going to Wally World with dump truck or whatever I drive to town for supplies, bring a few dozen with me flip a sign up and see what comes of it for about 30 minutes to a hour. Who knows, maybe pay for my fuel if I sell about 12 dozen.

I am building more shelters as we speak and that's where I'm going to grow them out to. About 24' x 8' make two of them and bury them on 3 sides.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
The circus woke me up this morning. 18 mo sheppie tip tapping on wood floor while 90 lb puppy climbs in bed. One slap of his tongue and he’s done your whole face.
Fed the clowns and trying to figure out why my left arm hurts?
Need. Coffee. *gasp*

Latest posts