Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poka went hiking today with friends...
Genius Poka on a rest day thought casually hiking 18 miles would be fun. Real Poka had to get up at 4 this morning, hiked 22 miles, and is questioning why.

Oh well, I will just enjoy reading vehicular advice. Been blessed with a BF and good friends who can help me with my car when needed, and will change my oil in exchange for dinner or spending money. Really appreciate what y'all do, and when you don't judge women.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Poka_Doodle For me, it's not the distance it's the elevation changes. Cub Scouts about murdered me this spring with a short 1.4 mile hike. The organizer neglected to mention it was 18% grade up from creek to spillway overlook, then climbing down into spillway to splash, then back up to top of spillway to return down the gravel strewn slope.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good rain yesterday, maybe some last night. Overcast now with lingering rain clouds. Welcome lower temps! Welcome needed rain! 😊 it's 67 -- way more comfy than 105 index yesterday.

Coffee just finished brewing. Nice. I'll probably go to do some job work, get it out of the way & wet out so won't get much done here anyway. Too wet to plow, as they say. Slept well, might as well go to work. Otherwise I'll be pacing.

Wonder if the neighbors thought animal control would move the 9 deer from their fields this morn?🤨 Surely the city idiots saw them as they left for work not long ago. Karma. :lol: nope -- not my goats! They're at home in the barns.😋

Ahhh, cuppa coffee. Maybe breakfast shortly 🤔

Hope everyone has a great day!:frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. High of 97 today. Currently 78 and 84% humidity. Clear, sunny and hot all week.
@Poka_Doodle please don’t blow your knees out. The pain will last forever or until you have knee replacement surgery. Something you might not know, with mechanical knees, they only bend so far, I can’t squat. I used to be able to squat, quite comfortably. It was an alternative
to sitting on the ground and I could spring right up. Knee damage, resulting arthritis and lots of pain took the ability to squat away. New knee doesn’t bend that far. Still can’t squat, but at least I’m pain free. Can’t point to any one activity but I sure had a good time. I wouldn’t go back and change anything except maybe more of everything. Just know there is a price to pay and take care of those knees!

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wonder if the neighbors thought animal control would move the 9 deer from their fields this morn?🤨 Surely the city idiots saw them as they left for work not long ago.
*HEAVY SARCASM* Deer are peaceful wildlife that lived here before we did. You goats are filthy livestock ruining the serenity of the country. So they wouldn't DREAM of disturbing the deer. *HEAVY SARCASM* City Idiots :tongue

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Margali That does not sound fun. We had nearly 3000 ft elevation gain today. Two weeks ago, I had 7k over the milage. I am torn between enjoying the mountain views, and the brutal pain of the climbs. So are my knees.
Guadalupe Peak highest point in Texas, over 3000 ft gain in 4 miles if I remember correctly that is 8751 feet in elevation, I did it in jeans and combat boots.:gig
Just a stroll in the neighborhood for us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadalupe_Peak
IMG_06111.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh man - I got caught in the your account no longer has privileges trap. What the heck. I could read but not respond in any way. SOO FRUSTRATING. I saw that I was not the only one, so there's that. I wonder if anyone else is still stuck in never never land?
I couldn't even send messages, or for that matter reply - got a message from Nifty that my emails were bouncing. Nothing about turning off access other than reading. Had to make a whole new email account even then it didn't help until I kept trying and trying to re-up. As you can see I finally got back. Hope I can switch it back to the old email later because I'll never keep track of that new one.
All is pretty good out here, got water lines into the two new pastures - no more bucket brigade in the utv.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fun day of work today. Definitely needed that.
About to start making some hamburgers for dinner.
Knees are feeling good, was worried but because I don't run a ton on the roads, all is good.
Finishing up house sitting for someone who gets back late tonight. Going to go back to work when the city traffic is over for the night, and stay in the spare bedroom there.