Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
AQI is still up to 192, going to have smoked bacon at this rate, won't have to cure them at this rate. In all fairness it's been a decent fire/smoke season, I've seen this type air quality last weeks here running around with respirator back in 2021. Should start clearing up tomorrow.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. We had Crockett euthanized yesterday details are on Heart of Gold thread. And thanks to @Weldman. So Ms Rescue finally replies. Apologizes then spends the bulk of the response taking cheap shots at me. Hubbs the ever consummate salesman convinced her to offer us a puppy. If we like him we’ll take him. Her opinions of me are irrelevant, she got an apology, and I’m not interested in pursuing the matter.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. Long night - one of the pups just would not settle - for hours. Colic, over ate?? Never had that before. Finally got him settled and his belly soft. So much for whittling down on the sleep deprivation. Still love the lil furballs.
Outside last night walking dogs and white is falling from the sky, still is even now,,,,, ash. This one started out at 1/2 acre less than 24 hrs ago - and is now 8500 acres. We're good here from the fire which is ~70 miles away - but ash and smoke are definitely here 🤢 . High today 93 - so the heat breaks, and the smoke and ash move in. Ugh.
IMG_8004.JPEG

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
YIKES @Weldman , just as an occasional asthma sufferer, I'd be hiding in whatever underground bunker I had, trying to stay away from needing the rescue inhaler or worse! I hope you get some "inside" time! (hope you don't wear contact lenses, cause mine would be clouding and eyes burning big time!)

@Blue Sky how very tough and cut throat of you two! I hope you get a puppy that works soon.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. We had Crockett euthanized yesterday details are on Heart of Gold thread. And thanks to @Weldman. So Ms Rescue finally replies. Apologizes then spends the bulk of the response taking cheap shots at me. Hubbs the ever consummate salesman convinced her to offer us a puppy. If we like him we’ll take him. Her opinions of me are irrelevant, she got an apology, and I’m not interested in pursuing the matter.
It truly burns me up that the Rescue place can't force themselves to be nice!

:hugs

Huge condolences on Crockett. We had a Crockett once... a Mastiff.

What breed pup are you getting?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
It truly burns me up that the Rescue place can't force themselves to be nice!

:hugs

Huge condolences on Crockett. We had a Crockett once... a Mastiff.

What breed pup are you getting?
Anatolian. Not a done deal yet. Crockett just seemed like a Crockett. Even the vet tech had some tears yesterday. I’m a little teary even though it had to be done. Everyone is moping even the sheep. But time will help us all. We’ll get through.