Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Well we’re adjusting to our new state. The sheep followed Caddo out of the barn promptly today. I found another source of LGDs if Rescue goes south. Hubbs wants two puppies but I’m firm on one for now. Rebuilding the pack and the pack/flock relationship will be a lot of work.
A heart felt thanks for everyone’s thoughts and condolences about Smitty and Crockett.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our weather has returned! 65 to 80 today. Running outside in PJs with Ree it's frizz brrr cold ;) looks like I may have been acclimating to that heat --eeeek.
Coffee, need another cuppa!

Puppy duty again today. Life is tough ;)
Also today -- birthday number 15 for the last of the Tervuren dogs I've bred. Good long line.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Well we’re adjusting to our new state. The sheep followed Caddo out of the barn promptly today. I found another source of LGDs if Rescue goes south. Hubbs wants two puppies but I’m firm on one for now. Rebuilding the pack and the pack/flock relationship will be a lot of work.
A heart felt thanks for everyone’s thoughts and condolences about Smitty and Crockett.
Yeah.... you want 3 to 4 years between ages, if possible...

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah.... you want 3 to 4 years between ages, if possible...
Yep I thought about that when I got the Smitty gang. A perfect storm in the last few years kept me from starting new dogs. Family, all with serious health issues were slated to move in, my knees and feet weren’t in good shape, my gun goober neighbors and our move figured in. All those things are “fixed” now and none too soon. I had hoped that Sophie (an Anatolian bitch we rescued) would overcome all the abuse and neglect she endured and could guard sheep. Unfortunately her prey drive is too strong and she is more than willing to add lamb to her menu. She can clear empty pastures before breakfast and watch house and yard. Likewise Leo, an International Dog of Mystery is not guardian material, although a decent gathering/driving dog and watch dog. Gotta go with the army I have. :cool:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Passed a few fields of corn harvesting yesterday, on way to work over 24 mile ride.. About 50 AC of hay being baled yesterday & today, on my road. Corn next door not quite ready, close. Probably 2 weeks out. Deer are loving it! Cotton fields look good, peanuts, too. Harvest time! :D =D. Perfect weather this week.

Staying home today. Lots I'd like to do, only part will get done. That's ok. Weather is good. I've been stocking up my winter house & food rations. Will take a hard look at hay storage area this week, in case I need to prep there....check water spigots, hoses, tub heaters, etc. -- winter prep -- and I still have several rolls of fence to get up, now that weather has cooled. Work slowing in next month, so will have homebound time.

I'm still reeling with indignation over price of pectin I was buying yesterday. It's offensive that they're out pricing our DIY products. 😡 Plus those 1/2 pints jelly jars. Guess I'm done with those things! Need to eat up to empty others I have 😁

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm still reeling with indignation over price of pectin I was buying yesterday. It's offensive that they're out pricing our DIY products. 😡 Plus those 1/2 pints jelly jars. Guess I'm done with those things! Need to eat up to empty others I have 😁
I haven't looked lately, still have some stockpiled. How much has it gone up??

Latest posts