Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
haven't looked lately, still have some stockpiled. How much has it gone up??
Way more than inflation! About 30% over past 2 yrs.

You know...pandemic and all that BS, when people decided to garden, can, buy chickens & make bread. 😵‍💫🤣 When TP was sold out & canning lids too.

Manufacturers got increased prices for ingredients. We're paying for it still.

Maybe this is a part of "long COVID" and our med insurance could pay the bill. 🙃🥴

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Worked, and walked around outside yesterday. In about 2 for lunch. Was sitting, checking emails, and suddenly -- it was 3:40 and I was waking up!! 😵‍💫🤣

Well I was a little groggy for a few minutes. Had to decide what day it was 🙄🙃 and what was happening. 🤣 Siesta time, that's what.

Overcast today. Temps good. More home time. I see a week at home at end of month. Hope more fence replacement happens & weather cooperates.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Woke up at 2:30 AM but went back to sleep. I worked outside all day yesterday. Took a couple of breaks and on one of them, I conked out just like @Mini Horses . Got a lot done. Today I run ewes through chute so I can doctor Granny’s hoof. She is walking better on it. This afternoon I’m going to the 50’s ladies lunch, so won’t get much done around here.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
High of 73°F? I don't think old wives tales, farmers almanac or any deity is going to predict this winter weather. Just better hang on and put your big boy britches on cause it's going to be a roller coaster as what I'm seeing. I hope we get inundated with so much snow it shuts the main roads down. Last winter was very mild.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know @Mini Horses doesn't want to hear it, but we are also thinking... even hoping.... we get some significant SNOW this winter... we desperately need the recharging of the water situation here and the best way for us to get it is with a good snow this winter. The drought conditions are worsening again, and they have upped our area back to solid severe drought status... We will do okay for this fall and winter it looks like, but we NEED some moisture to soak in DEEP into the soil structure and recharge the underground moisture levels. We are working towards being ready for it....

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know @Mini Horses doesn't want to hear it, but we are also thinking... even hoping.... we get some significant SNOW this winter... we desperately need the recharging of the water situation here and the best way for us to get it is with a good snow this winter. The drought conditions are worsening again, and they have upped our area back to solid severe drought status... We will do okay for this fall and winter it looks like, but we NEED some moisture to soak in DEEP into the soil structure and recharge the underground moisture levels. We are working towards being ready for it....
I want it to bring the neighbors to their knees, last time I rescued them, not this time.