Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wall of fog out there is about to lift - sheep are out and fed. With that much fog it's best to keep them close to the barn just that coyote worry ya' know.
Last night had to permanently relocate a noisy slither thing. A small one, but just as dangerous. Sigh. Didn't have the dogs with so there's that.
First cuppa almost done. Made passion fruit scones yesterday so that'll go with cuppa 2 :) . Puppies are just about to enter the play stage! Wooo hoooo.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blaaaah

Medical appointments this morning... for some reason I keep getting older. :idunno

Geese let out again... I am looking at them and hoping they eat MORE GRASS!!!!

And bummer the grass is no longer growing much if at all.... at least it is still green.

I really want to start the slaughter season (well I don't enjoy the slaughter part... but I greatly look forward to the lower feed bill as well as their deliciousness)

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wall of fog out there is about to lift - sheep are out and fed. With that much fog it's best to keep them close to the barn just that coyote worry ya' know.
Last night had to permanently relocate a noisy slither thing. A small one, but just as dangerous. Sigh. Didn't have the dogs with so there's that.
First cuppa almost done. Made passion fruit scones yesterday so that'll go with cuppa 2 :) . Puppies are just about to enter the play stage! Wooo hoooo.
Do you grow the passion fruit?
I have vines all over here & get LOTS of green fruit. I keep reading that they're not ripe until they turn yellow & fall off???? The squirrels usually get them before then.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you grow the passion fruit?
I have vines all over here & get LOTS of green fruit. I keep reading that they're not ripe until they turn yellow & fall off???? The squirrels usually get them before then.
Yup! I do. It probably depends on what variety you have as to what color they should turn. Never heard of them turning yellow, fall off yes, but you can pick them as well. The main variety out here is Frederick which turns a dark purple. If I were you, pick one and cut it open to find out. Worst case it's not ripe, best it is, and in either case you learn!
My first year in So Cal I had apple trees - nice sized apples in June/July - I, being from the midwest, though WOAH those will be HUGE in the fall!!! ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol: they rotted on the tree. Ummm - they were ready in June/July.