Coffee anyone ?

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Coffee at hand, have a little time before I get dressed for church. I keep looking outside at the change in my yard since yesterday.
1000054411.jpg

1000054467.jpg

IMG_20241005_151555810.jpg

1000054504.jpg

Next? Fence replacement.

:caf

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@fuzzi i totally understand just what a beautiful view that is! Fabulous!
Thank you.

After watching some videos on goat fencing I am mulling over putting up a temporary electric fence once I get goats. They could keep that area trimmed. I need to take my pruners and cut every single blankety blank vine there. There are dozens of wisteria roots running from the woods into my yard. I hate wisteria.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning Y'all!
I know I know I disappeared for a LOOOONNNNGGG time which I have no excuse at all that I couldn't drop by for a quick cup or HELLO before now. I've just been really busy lately seeing how I work 2-3 days/week at the local diner in town as dishwasher/prep cook/ runner then of course there's dealing with the house & yard, dogs and hubby on my days off from the diner and NOW getting our Halloween display up on which already been getting compliments about it but I still need a week to 2 before it's completely finished.
Now hubby and I MIGHT acquire DUCKS (a pair male & female) from our friends up the street seeing how next weekend they are moving to Florida and getting rid of MOST of their household items. I have never dealt with ducks but I did tell hubby that if we do end up with them a small house has to be built for them for later on this year.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome back @Mother Hen.
Thanks @fuzzin
@Baymule my first jaguarundi spotting was a few miles north of Dallas about a dozen years ago. Never had trouble with it. The second was on our game camera here in East Texas last year. The state claims they’re only in south Texas but who really knows? Plus there’s the possibility of escaped exotics (my neighbor has a couple of lemurs).

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I have that same low fog here, this morning in fact. I think it's more steam than fog. Warm ground from sun, heavy dew, cooler nights. :idunno it's kinda neat..being only hovering the ground.

@Mother Hen good to see ya back. Yep, a job complicates things 😁

Worked some things inside & outside yesterday. DS helped with a lot of weed eating👍 I mowed yard. Also made some bread, cooked & cleaned a couple kitchen cabinets. Home all week & good weather, a long list! Yep...cross off time

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking at a '11 Outback and it's only $1k right up the road with "mechanical" problems. As good as it sounds the wife made a point, when are you going to have time to fix it? "IF" I got it and "IF" I had time I would also give it a lift kit as I have done with all these we own here.
Got one camera up last night for a test run. First time to try cover this much acreage with a system and ability to see as far as we can it opens up where I should place them. From what I can see is it's going to take all the cameras for the distance they can see. Going to need a PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) to fill the void.
Wife came home last week with not just ducks under the Waddle Wattle Inn, but the first time ever to have the geese under there and some attempting to wedge themselves underneath it. We are going to find out.

Latest posts