Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tractor yesterday. :idunno :th:rolleyes: runs great -- whew! But when I engage PTO to run bush hog, it keeps reving up. Too fast, then shut down. Of course it was Sunday, so shops closed. That's a call this morning.....still good for all else to use, until we find issue. Sure need it to work right. I'm thinking linkage, solenoid, drive line, something along those lines. Only happened since the crank rings were installed. Sooooo......

Still plenty to do until resolved. Chores all done ... Wet out, pretty chilly as it got to 38 last night. Uncovered my chicken planted tomato plants I'm babying. They're blooming and have tomatoes on them. 😊 a real gift if I can get them to mature.

A little coffee and on to tractor thing 👍. Need to water tomatoes and the garlic bed containers before I forget :old

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is it. It is the week the puppies will be going to their homes. First will leave Wednesday headed for IL the second will leave on Sunday heading to his new home in GA. The third, pink collar girl will be staying here with us.
IMG_0406.JPEG

It's going to be a BUSY whirlwind week with the new owners staying over with us when they come to pick up their pups.
Of course there are a few ewes who are looking ready to pop! And well, ewes will be ewes.
See you all on the otherside of the week.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made it home last night, got to my bed at 3 this morning, and up at 6:45 for class (class got canceled, whatever).
Great race yesterday, will get details in my journal later. For now, everything hurts and that's fun.
Was a really fun weekend in DC.
Now time to get back to reality. Full day of class and going to go play with the horse and barn cats during my lunch. Need to meal prep soon too.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a regular on the coffee thread, but I’m just sitting here with an injured knee catching up on everyone’s journals.

Was trying to catch a goose with a net Friday evening when something in my knee made a snapping sound and feeling, and I immediately lost my ability to use that leg. Had to get down and crawl on my hands and knees, which fortunately I was able to do.

X-rays revealed nothing broken (yay!) and now I’m waiting on a call back from the orthopedist to schedule a follow up appointment and probably an MRI. ER doc said probably torn meniscus. Not allowed to walk on it. (Can’t anyway) But I can use crutches, and I have a nice rolling desk chair that has come in handy. I have a whole new respect for people in wheel chairs!

It’s been improving with each day, so I imagine by the time I get an ortho appointment, I’ll be walking in normally. I can already stand on it; I just can’t put enough weight on it to lift the good foot off the ground.

I had a life of ease over the weekend but tomorrow I will probably be back to doing chores hobbling on crutches.🩼 🪣 🐓