Colorado

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We got more drifts out on the Eastern Plains than additional snow. We had a lot of heavy winds. My goats keep looking at the piled snow as if it's something evil and then go back inside and look at me as if I'm nuts to expect them to go out in all that white stuff. They do have a little bit of an area around that is free of the snow and I keep putting straw down to keep it from turning into soup. Course, the winds been going pretty good still and they certainly don't like it and would rather stay in. Course they'd be happier to have me stay with them as well.

pogo0685

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am out east of Pueblo, just joined here because I am about to start building a fence and pens for my 6 goats that I should be getting sometime in the next few months. We are getting 2 full Lamancha does, 2 Lamancha cross does, 1 buck (I completely forgot what kind he is), and one of the full Lamancha does has a kid with her, and 2 of the 3 other ones are due to kid anytime now. We plan to use them for milk and meat. In the near future I would like to get chickens again, and would like to start raising meat rabbits. Nice to be here!

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome!
I am just west of Pueblo. We have just moved here, we brought our pair of pygmy/boer crosses with us (From NC). and we will be getting a pair of Nubians or Lamanchas to milk. We just got six chicks from Tractor Supply (in canon City). and will be ordering some from a hatchery soon.
I don't know how much you know about having a buck, but I hope you are planning on making him his own pen away from the does.
My cousin raises Lamanchas. they are pretty quiet compared to other breeds (Nubians) and produce some good milk as well. I kinda like ears though :)

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in the Denver area, on the eastern plains.

Posted this elsewhere but someone suggested I try here:

I have 2 goat babies who are 4 days old. Their mom died unexpected yesterday, so I've been trying to bottle-feed them since. They'll take the dropper (syringe) but not a nipple yet.

My problem: my 16 year old goes into the hospital in about 2 weeks for 2 brain surgeries. He may be in there from 2 weeks to 2 months. I'll be there with him and after his second surgery, he's going to have some handicaps that we'll need to deal with and start therapy for. My husband can't take off from work much while we're at the hospital so he will be working from home, from the office and from the hospital. If these babies need feeding 4 times a day, it's going to be almost impossible.

Is there anyone in the Denver area who would be willing to take the two babies for a couple months? You can keep the boy but we want the girl back.

I also need to get rid of a buck.

Anyone? I'm sorry but I'm at my wit's end.

pogo0685

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
CoffeeCow - I am in the Penrose / Canon City area a few times a month lately it seems! I hope to move to Westcliffe within the next 2 years so if that works out I will be in Canon City alot. I love the tractor supply store there. I like ears also, I think they look slightly deformed without their ears. I do plan on making him his own pen, and we are planning on getting him a buck friend to breed 2 of the does to so we can get meat crosses as we plan on using the babies we get for meat. I was hoping to start building the pens this weekend - but it looks like we will be busy and my brother is working all weekend so it will be put off for another week. As long as we have them built by the 1st of June I don't care.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz - I am sorry you lost your doe, hopefully you can find someone to take them for you! I hope your sons surgery is successful and everything works out for your family.

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz,
What kind of goats are they? I know a guy in Longmont that may be able to assist. I will give him a call.
He has Boers and one nubian that he milks

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
1/2 nubian, 1/4 la mancha, 1/4 nigerian dwarf

i found a neighbor willing to take them and bottle feed them for two months, starting the day before my son goes in to the hospital. you have no idea how much a load is off my shoulders. Now i just have another other million things to do, like sell my buck. anybody need a 1/2 nigerian 1/2 la mancha proven stud for $100?

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Glad you found someone to help. Sorry, but I don't know anyone in need of a buck. I hope everything goes well for you.

pogo0685

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
For the buck if you cant sell him in the time you have maybe you could call Denkai Animal Rescue and they could help you find him a home? Not sure if they will but you can always try.