Day 147 Ligaments

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My ND doe is at day 147 today and this morning she had no ligaments, but I just checked her and if I dig really really deep I can feel something. It feels like ligaments, but she is not eating, is "talking" sweetly (it's so cute), her udder has filled and she is just different today.

Am I feeling ligaments? Could she still deliver today? Am I crazy? Can this happen on day 147?

She is certainly not in active labor yet. But, I have her babies sold as bottle babies and I've already contacted everyone. It will be sad to have to call them and tell them it was a false start.

Thanks,
K

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Update, she did deliver at 1am. 2 large bucklings that I had to pull (first was upside down and twisted and the feet would come out and go back in over and over, the second presented head only with one leg bent one leg back, third was a teeny tiny girl that came with no problems other than taking a few minutes to get her breathing jump started.)

starletblue

Just born
Reaction score
suburbanfarmer, I just checked out your blog and it's great! We have VERY similar stories! We are in Western WA, have 2 ND goats & 1 Pygmy who I believe to be pregnant, 4 chickens (with 7 eggs about to hatch) and 2 dogs. We're on a little over an acre & just started out in November 2012. I'll be checking out your blog often! I'm preparing to be a first time goat mid-wife to a first time mama. : )

~Kelly

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
starletblue said:
suburbanfarmer, I just checked out your blog and it's great! We have VERY similar stories! We are in Western WA, have 2 ND goats & 1 Pygmy who I believe to be pregnant, 4 chickens (with 7 eggs about to hatch) and 2 dogs. We're on a little over an acre & just started out in November 2012. I'll be checking out your blog often! I'm preparing to be a first time goat mid-wife to a first time mama. : )

~Kelly
Yeah for Western WA! I've been terrible about updating the blog. We have been so busy and I broke my power cord on my laptop, which made it hard to type blog posts while holding the power cord to the computer. lol. I'm hoping to be better about updating now.

There is a great book called, "The Backyard Goat" that has really great info on kidding. I keep it in my kidding kit. I hope the kidding goes smoothly!
-Kristin

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Mom and babies look so sweet snuggled together. Congrats on the new arrivals.