Diarehha

ChickenGirl11

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I spelled it right but my buck has diarehha and I am constantly worrying about him :p so I was wondering what this could be caused by----his only diet change has been going from almost completly hay to just pellets as he was getting thin. Is it just because of that or is he just having an off day???

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You spell it diarrhea.

Did you make that food change all in one day? Usually all animals need to have dietary changes made slowly. So each day you decrease the old food and increase the new a little bit. Drastic food changes are not good for just about any animal. I'd give it some of the hay!

cutechick2010

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yes, that can cause diarrhea. Slowly increasing his pellets is fine, but don't reduce his hay. I have seen that happen here, I ran out of hay and couldn't get more for a couple of days, I had four/five come down with runny poops and pasty butts until they got their hay back.

Oh, and now that I think of it, he might need de-worming. Sometimes a heavy worm load can cause some diarrhea and sensitive tummies in general.