Does she look pregnant?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
bottle-fed some goat colostrum
Gotta love our goats!! 🥰.

My vet has saved some foals from mine and I recently mentored a new owner with saving a bottle calf, supplying goat colostrum at midnight!

I always keep frozen colostrum. A local licensed rehabber has my number.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Gotta love our goats!! 🥰.

My vet has saved some foals from mine and I recently mentored a new owner with saving a bottle calf, supplying goat colostrum at midnight!

I always keep frozen colostrum. A local licensed rehabber has my number.
Truly the best…my girls had more than enough colostrum and we’ve saved many animals in the past year with it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saving colostrum -- much depends on the doe & # of kids. Yes a good producer and only a single kid is a candidate. For me, I have full sized Saanens who are heavy producers. When they kid and have a gallon in the udder, there's plenty to save!! They have that & produce more for 24 hrs easily. Even day 3, it's partial colostrum. So, you can be saving. 🥰. Add to that the numbers I have....my vet was given 3/4 gal this yr & I saved that much. Kids were well fed, too.

oaksandiron

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Saving colostrum -- much depends on the doe & # of kids. Yes a good producer and only a single kid is a candidate. For me, I have full sized Saanens who are heavy producers. When they kid and have a gallon in the udder, there's plenty to save!! They have that & produce more for 24 hrs easily. Even day 3, it's partial colostrum. So, you can be saving. 🥰. Add to that the numbers I have....my vet was given 3/4 gal this yr & I saved that much. Kids were well fed, too.
Thank you for that info! And apologies to the OP for the highjack.

Latest posts