ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Boingo has an appointment with the vet for Saturday morning. He seemed to lose so much body condition today (in just one day) that it just plain scared the dickens out of me. He's still in his ideal weight range but I can suddenly see all of his bones!.

Since that's a couple of days off, I went ahead and dewormed him and gave him some Canine Red Cell. I'm tempted to give him some vitamin B too just to get him to eat some more.

He's increased his drinking quite a bit...and that scares me even more as he could have Fanconi Syndrome. He's at the age range that it is typically diagnosed.

Overt symptoms are: frequent urination, excessive water-drinking, and loss of weight and condition.
I CANNOT lose this dog. He is my cuddle bug, my baby, my best buddy. He is only 6 years old and in a breed that lives regularly to 15 that is young.

:hit

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
The good news is that if it is Fanconi that it can be treated with supplements for the rest of his life. If it's not too far advanced.

I just finished sending my vet the protocol and information for the premiere authority on the disease and Basenjis. My vet has admitted before that they know little about the breed but are willing to do whatever they can for him.

I'm just so worried about him.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure that calf is gonna make it to full weight before he goes in :somad

He's learning how to throw his weight around...and threw me into a stall wall. He was excited and wanted to play...remember that he thinks he's a goat. But he's not a goat, he's a huge calf! Grrr.

Yep, don't think he'll make it to Spring of 2013 before he goes in....he may not make it to Summer of 2012. I might have to do some more rearranging to get him out of the main barn....He may have to share space with the horses.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
I'm not entirely sure that calf is gonna make it to full weight before he goes in :somad

He's learning how to throw his weight around...and threw me into a stall wall. He was excited and wanted to play...remember that he thinks he's a goat. But he's not a goat, he's a huge calf! Grrr.

Yep, don't think he'll make it to Spring of 2013 before he goes in....he may not make it to Summer of 2012. I might have to do some more rearranging to get him out of the main barn....He may have to share space with the horses.
I am glad that you are ok, will he be sharing the same space as your mom' s horse?
The calf need something to plck on, I mean play with.

Latest posts