ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

redtailgal

Reaction score
lol.

Honestly, I'd love to get to take your picture! It would mean that I would get to meet you in person.......and somehow, I just KNOW that we would have some fun. And a road trip to Marion, IN ............where we would drink coffee, hot tea and eat goat milk fudge!!!

redtailgal

Reaction score
NEVER!!! lol

I made it.....and it was good.

I am sure it would be great if Roll's made it with goats milk.

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wonderful news! Sooner or later things had to get better.

Here's to hoping for a better 2012 for ALL!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
We tested Boingo's urine for glucose for the first time this morning (at home). It's at 2% or more (high), which is to be expected. That result means that we give him an additional unit of insulin. So he got 3 units this morning. We also found an appropriate dogfood for dogs with diabetes (that he likes) from Iams. So we're figuring this out pretty quickly. He's full of SPUNK this morning. His glucose might still be high but we're bringing it down enough that he's feeling a lot better.

DH put the poultry in last night and left one of the guineas in the rafters of the barn to fend for himself because he wouldn't come down. He was running around the barnyard this morning making everyone in the coop really mad because they were locked in.

Snow still on the ground, so all the critters say they're staying indoors :rolleyes:

Precious was screaming her head off when DH got to the barnyard this morning. He rushed to the barn thinking something terrible was wrong. The little snot wanted alfalfa pellets. Mama Daisy is kicking the kids off at about 5 weeks old. I'm talking...she will only let them have a sip or two of milk. The rest of their nutrition is coming from the alfalfa pellets and hay. They're growing fine, so I'm not worried. It's just unusual for a mama who has consistently allowed her kids to nurse for months beyond when they should be weaned. And I checked - there's no problems such as mastitis or anything that would make Daisy uncomfortable.

Update on my injuries: my hand is almost healed from it's tears, but there is still some slight weakness to it. My head is hurting today and the neck / back are still sore. Hopefully those injuries heal quickly too.

I think my mom has picked up what Blaine had last week :sick Hope it doesn't get passed around.

Squirrelgirl88 said:
Wonderful news! Sooner or later things had to get better.

Here's to hoping for a better 2012 for ALL!
Thanks!

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I love to see good reports, do your boys play with playdough? It is a great hand strenghtener for you or clay but I think clay would be a little hard right now.
Glad to hear Boingo spunky now

wannacow

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
I love to see good reports, do your boys play with playdough? It is a great hand strenghtener for you or clay but I think clay would be a little hard right now.
Glad to hear Boingo spunky now
Playdoh is a good idea. I would suggest homemade playdough since it is warm when you make it. Kneading that warm dough around would be good for your hand.