ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well this has been one "fun" late afternoon / early evening. :rolleyes:

First we pulled the hog panels out of the existing pig pen to prepare to move the pig to her new quarters. We set up the panels in their new location. Then we pulled Diva and Kingston out of that location and temporarily put Diva in with Daisy and the twins while we shoved Kingston into general population.

Next we needed to move the pig. She's a pot belly who is full size....this means about 150#. She's also people shy (we took her in last year already fully grown). After some fierce struggle we got a harness on her and then it was time to move across the general population field to get to her new pen. Well...the calf and the shetland / mini cross horse decided that she did NOT belong in their area. We had to keep chasing them off so we could get her through. They wanted to stomp her to the ground. I really don't blame Jack (shetland / mini cross) as his last experience with a pig was him being attacked. But the calf threw me for a loop. The chickens and goats all took cover. Spam (pig) was grunting and growling the whole time.

Finally got her to her new pen and settled in.

Then cleaned up and prepared the shed that Spam had been in to house Diva and Kingston and got them moved.

Next up was locking the calf out of the goat's general area of the barn. That made for a VERY mad calf. :rolleyes:

Then we had to fill up all the goat hay feeders and portion out some hay for the horses and calf.

About that time the chickens were going in...around 5:30. That's an hour later than they should be this time of year...but it's staying daylight a little later. Something weird with the cosmos there.

We also got 10 eggs today. We've got one guinea laying and 9 pullets that have started. A very colorful egg basket :)

Then it was time for Boingo's dinner and insulin shot. His urine glucose was at 1/4% (it has been 2%)!!! But this afternoon he was shaking so I was worried about a glucose drop so I checked his blood glucose - it was 408...so he was just cold. But we're moving in the right direction!

redtailgal

Reaction score
You certainly had a productive day.

I am doing better, only one nap today. :ep

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
2012 IS gonna be a good year!

1. Boingo is on the mend
2. I published some of my books
AND
3. DH is being promoted :D

:weee

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
elevan said:

1. Boingo is on the mend
AND

Truly thrilled to hear 2012 turning positive for you.

K

wannacow

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:

1. Boingo is on the mend
AND

:clap Good for you!!!!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
elevan said:

1. Boingo is on the mend
AND

Wonderful!!! Congratulations to you and your husband for being PROMOTED and PUBLISHING BOOKS!!!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
That DAGGONE calf!!! :somad

Remember that yesterday I put up a board to shorten the height of the goat entrance to the barn (to about my knee height...about 2 feet high). Well today I watched him drop to his belly and slither under that board like he was a snake :he

So tomorrow I'll have to put another board there in a T fashion to make it so it's too narrow of a hole for him but fine for the goats...hopefully :fl

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
That DAGGONE calf!!! :somad

Remember that yesterday I put up a board to shorten the height of the goat entrance to the barn (to about my knee height...about 2 feet high). Well today I watched him drop to his belly and slither under that board like he was a snake :he

So tomorrow I'll have to put another board there in a T fashion to make it so it's too narrow of a hole for him but fine for the goats...hopefully :fl
:lol: Oh Gosh! :gig Thats hilarious!