ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
HUGE egg in the nest box this morning. It absolutely dwarfed the others. I took pics...I'll post them later.

It's almost time to band "Little boy"

jodief100 said:
I can't decide what kind of turkeys to get either so I am going to order the rare turkey assortment from Meyer Hatchery and try a few different kinds this year.
Yeah, that's my plan too Jodie. I love Meyer Hatchery!

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
HUGE egg in the nest box this morning. It absolutely dwarfed the others. I took pics...I'll post them later.

It's almost time to band "Little boy"

jodief100 said:
I can't decide what kind of turkeys to get either so I am going to order the rare turkey assortment from Meyer Hatchery and try a few different kinds this year.
Yeah, that's my plan too Jodie. I love Meyer Hatchery!
do you like Meyer over Murray McMurray?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
do you like Meyer over Murray McMurray?
I like Meyer over all other hatcheries to be honest. Of course they don't carry all breeds of every fowl so sometimes you're required to go someone else...but I wish I didn't have to.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have only gotten birds from Mt Healthy because I can pick them up. Glad to hear Meyer is good.

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've ordered from Meyers and have been very pleased. I also appreciate that they are close as far as shipping is concerned. Unfortunately, this year I was forced to go elsewhere to order the particular chicken hens that I need. Meyers has limited their sale of this breed to a maximum of 3. That is not going to work for me.
I've placed my order at Welp hatchery this year where I was able to order 40 hens without a problem. Hopefully, this will work out.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Take a few days off and come back to more stuff to catch up on than I could read in 2 weeks!

I'm doing fine.

Critters are all doing fine.

Looks like that Lilly is filling out, so we're gonna move her to the "maternity ward". Goldie will go with her as she's 50/50 as to whether I think that she's pregnant or not. Due date would be minimally 2/16.

Boingo is doing super great. Vet says we're ready to run his curve whenever I'm ready to do it. I'll do it at home.

Latest posts